[BNE] Spit this sunday

Anyone keen to go for a few laps of the spit and talk some crap

was a great turnout yesterday but i missed out on photos =(

if noone knows about the spit its probly the biggest car thing in bris/goldy every week...sunday arvo people just sit around and wathc the cars do laps...see some cars from hot 4's and Fastfours all the time...saw a r35 GTR for the 1st time there on yesterday...its pretty good

and u get your photo taken if your lucky enough

heres a look what happens every week there

SPIT YO!!

Spit yesterday

just an idea guys...im going regardless of intrest

getting down there about 3:30

*thumbs up*

Edited by ELEGNT

I guess I'd be up for it.

hey guys, for your info, its boostcruising meet-up, i for one tried it, but its just no good :(

besides, TOCAU is wayyyyy better then boostlosing :P

EDIT: i will support you Aurion boys by showing you who's boss, just give us time and place to meet-up for it haha LOL :lol:

Evo

hey guys, for your info, its boostcruising meet-up, i for one tried it, but its just no good :(

Hence my under enthusiastic response. No Boost even seems welcoming enough for me to enjoy being around.

EDIT: i will support you Aurion boys by showing you who's boss, just give us time and place to meet-up for it haha LOL :lol:

Evo

most of these guys are alright its the better half of boost. some respectable sh|t there, most of them arnt boost people just randoms with nice cars

brisbane meet at calamvale central carpark

GC meet for u evan, the pool carpark beside the old broadwater car park

Edited by ELEGNT

i still remember years ago getting boxed in by the bobbies, and spending four hours in the spit car park, as they trawled through every car there. only one way in and out.

never again.

whitestivo

Bring your rod and tackle and just go fishing :).

Evo

most of these guys are alright its the better half of boost. some respectable sh|t there, most of them arnt boost people just randoms with nice cars

brisbane meet at calamvale central carpark

GC meet for u evan, the pool carpark beside the old broadwater car park

NOTED :D

but also, in case you don't know, cops know that place well, and can easily shut it down... or lock it down :o

but our cars are modded to be 'legal' :P

see, mine is fine during the day... but the night, well thats another thing :lol:

Evo

don't tell me you got poxy lights now evo

was bad enough you had uncle barry license plates

whitestivo

no poxy lights as you call them, but the car looks so much better since we tore those things off :P

Evo

so i guess noone is coming down to the spit cos it not a TOCAU only event and or they are scared that the five-0 might get them....ill bring tissues and some concrete tablets if u guys want

Edited by ELEGNT

so i guess noone is coming down to the spit cos it not a TOCAU only event and or they are scared that the five-0 might get them....ill bring tissues if u guys want

i can be there, if its still on, im not going without some back-up

i dont wanna have to show up them boostcruisers and show em what a corolla can do :P

haha, im just messing around LOL :lol:

Evo

Concrete tablets? :blink:

I'm not going to the spit for a few reasons:

1. I've got a Mazda cruise on that day (to celebrate not having a Mazda! :P)

2. There's a really good reason for me not to associate with the car scene for non-organised social/club events. :ph34r:

3. Not really into bling, showing off bling, or looking other ppl's bling.

Gav.

Concrete tablets? :blink:

I'm not going to the spit for a few reasons:

1. I've got a Mazda cruise on that day (to celebrate not having a Mazda! :P)

2. There's a really good reason for me not to associate with the car scene for non-organised social/club events. :ph34r:

3. Not really into bling, showing off bling, or looking other ppl's bling.

Gav.

BLING = EPIC FAIL...

i can't stand bling <_<

Mazda cruise?? Gav, what did we just learn :o

shame shame :huh:

Evo

ok, i was just thinking about telling you how I'd been looking at the mps3 again, with the new model coming out, it might get me into the old model dollar wise.

i remember you had three issues

1. not full boost first two gears

2. - ?

3. - ?

No rotaries really, aren't they mazda's? Rx7?

whitestivo

Oh, I find the current MPS3 very uninspiring. It's a nice enough car to sit in, but still feels like too much like a regular 3, plus the following:

My main gripe with it is the EBC in the first 4 gears, which makes the car feel like it has one rate of acceleration at all times. I prefer having to work the car in the first few gears while it fights me. The car has too much torque for the stock engine mounts, and pig roots everywhere, so you need to pussyfoot it all the time, even with the EBC and trying to drive it tame. An engine torque damper could probably resolve this?

Other than that, I think I would get a bigger thrill from the current 190kW WRX or Lancer Ralliart. All of them have their problems, but for me, I really think the WRX would be pick of the bunch. Hatch or sedan? Hmm, well, they both have the CamrEYE front end (thanks Toyota :toast:) which I really don't mind, but both the hatch and sedan arse ends bug me in different ways. The back of the sedan looks like a Holden Viva, but the twin tip exhaust looks great. and the back of the hatch is a bit of a mess to me too, and I particularly hate the taillights (oh yeah, that's what else I hate about the MPS/3, LED taillights...). But the drive in the Scoobydoo eclipses anything for comfort, even if there is a bit of body roll, and that's easily resolved anyhow.

I have seen a couple of black WRX sedans, and they grew on me quite quickly. Colour choice is paramount on that shape of car though...

Gav.

so i guess noone is coming down to the spit cos it not a TOCAU only event and or they are scared that the five-0 might get them....ill bring tissues and some concrete tablets if u guys want

No... we weren't worried about the cops. You only got flak because you bailed on a Toyota meet which was already happening. Plus, it is something to do on these boards to keep some things fun. Also sounds to me like you are becoming one of the 'Boosters' <_<

I'm still deciding on going. I've had enough of the Coast at this point. I've already driven to and from the Coast 9 times this week. I'll see what a one day break does.

No... we weren't worried about the cops. You only got flak because you bailed on a Toyota meet which was already happening. Plus, it is something to do on these boards to keep some things fun. Also sounds to me like you are becoming one of the 'Boosters' <_<

I'm still deciding on going. I've had enough of the Coast at this point. I've already driven to and from the Coast 9 times this week. I'll see what a one day break does.

Would you drive down just to spend some quality time with the 1z :P i know you secretly want to :P

Evo