tailshaft clunk

sammy

hey all,

i've recently driven the Klug (wife's car) and noticed the ocassional "clunk" sound from the tailshaft (i think) not too loud or anything but enough to notice....seems to happen when slowing down say approaching a round-a-bout...not coming to complete stop...and then gentle gas to go through...i recall that our prevoius RAV also exhibited a similar sound....is this a common thing because of the AWD system.

I'm guessing that in some instances there is a little slack in the drivetrain that ocassionally gets picked up when accelerating hence the "clunk"

certainly welcome ur opinions.

Cheers

Sam

hey all,

i've recently driven the Klug (wife's car) and noticed the ocassional "clunk" sound from the tailshaft (i think) not too loud or anything but enough to notice....seems to happen when slowing down say approaching a round-a-bout...not coming to complete stop...and then gentle gas to go through...i recall that our prevoius RAV also exhibited a similar sound....is this a common thing because of the AWD system.

I'm guessing that in some instances there is a little slack in the drivetrain that ocassionally gets picked up when accelerating hence the "clunk"

certainly welcome ur opinions.

Cheers

Sam

maybe steering shaft clunk ?

Hey Croy,

no as far as i can tell the sound is coming from the back 1/2 of the car, somewhere under say the back seat.

weird.........well,just take it to Service and let us know what they found.........

My Grande has a couple of different clunks, one from the front end when turning and sometimes another really loud one from the mid/rear.

Just sooo tired of taking my car to the dealer but hopefully will get around to it in the next week or so. Then again, last time I asked them to check out the 'clunks' they said there was nothing wrong so I might be better taking it to a real mechanic to have it diagnosed first :(