RAV4 V6 - What petrol do you fill up!

Tigz

I'm a new V6 owner, so I'm still learning. Drove up from Melbourne to Sydney and made sure to fill up always with 95Ron, the car would jump when I'd depress the accelerator, it was beautiful. Arrived in Sydney and filled up with Shell E10, and the car would no longer jump, would step a little more on the accelerator with it to get it moving. - Is this normal?

I've just went to fill it up again, - and found Shell gas station, Mobil gas station do not have 95Ron, they only had E10 / 91Ron and 98Ron, - ended up going for a drive till I got to BP to fill up there with 95.

Whats your preference for your V6? or V4, and experience with them, :whistling:

V6. BP Ultimate only from the day one. Goes like a rocket. Might try 98 from Mobil as well, but definitely not shell (coles) or caltex (safeway). Last time I checked they had very dirty petrol. But it was long time ago, may be they impoved it :D

i have always used normal unleaded and the occasional premium when going down to Canberra.

the car is pretty good with normal unleaded, i use mostly Caltex because i have about 4 or 5 caltex stations on the way home.

although i havent tried E10 fuel, even though the fuel cap says i can use it...still not confident on the E10 yet.

Driven a ZR6 - for approx 1.5 years. Experimented with different petrol and now only use 95Ron. Similar to others here, I found the BP Ultimate to work the best (economy-wise and performance-wise).

V6. BP Ultimate only from the day one. Goes like a rocket. Might try 98 from Mobil as well, but definitely not shell (coles) or caltex (safeway). Last time I checked they had very dirty petrol. But it was long time ago, may be they impoved it :D

Mobil 8000 bloody good fuel,i use & love it :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a new V6 owner, so I'm still learning. Drove up from Melbourne to Sydney and made sure to fill up always with 95Ron, the car would jump when I'd depress the accelerator, it was beautiful. Arrived in Sydney and filled up with Shell E10, and the car would no longer jump, would step a little more on the accelerator with it to get it moving. - Is this normal?

I've just went to fill it up again, - and found Shell gas station, Mobil gas station do not have 95Ron, they only had E10 / 91Ron and 98Ron, - ended up going for a drive till I got to BP to fill up there with 95.

Whats your preference for your V6? or V4, and experience with them, :whistling:

Hi,

I have always used RON91. The car goes like a rocket, apart from the factory built in fault of hesitating for a 1/2 second when you suddenly hit the loud pedal. I've got used to it now. Personally I wouldn't think of using E10. Save $1.26 per fill for what? As for paying an extra $4.00 to $6.00 per fill for RON95 or Ron98, you'd need to see an 8 to 10% increase in kilometre range to break even, if you can't live with the hesitation fault.

Bruce

Regards, Bruce