05 corolla sportivo brake install

semil

i had a set of new DBA slotted discs sitting in my boot along with the new pads for around a week or so...

and i wake up to this msg on bookface

Your f*kn brakes

Between You and Tripper

Tripper

March 27 at 2:36am

Lan, ive been up all night looking at video's, reading forums about brakes and im full into it now lol. I know you probably wont see this before we start working on it tomorrow but this is the plan.

We go to Supercheap... rax some DOT4 brake fluid, about 1 litre of it and also some carby cleaner. We than go back to yours or mine or wateva and then we start the job.

1. Firstly, we need to take off the front wheel. Take the Caliper and the mounting bracket off.

2. We than slide off your old rotor and just before we slide the new one on, we have to clean it first with some carby cleaner. Dw ill explain that later lol.

3. We than slide the new disc on and put the caliper mounting bracket back on.

4. We then slide the new pads into the bracket. While doing this, we need to open up the brake master cylinder reservoir (which is in your engine bay) and then we compress the piston back into the caliper with a G clamp :)

5. We than need to put the caliper back on and secure all bolts this that. Ok so thats 1 wheel done, now we repeat the exact same thing to the other wheel.

6. After the other front wheel is done.... we than BLEED your brakes. This is going to make your everyday braking alot sweeter and more reliable. First of all, we have to make sure theres enough fluid in your master cylinder reservoir so we can go through with it.

7. After we check that, we have to bleed all 4 brakes!! and I mean all 4!!! None of that "Nah i cbf bro ive had enough *****" We're gona sit there like c**ts and your going to help me bleed all the brakes. And dw ive researched all night on this shiit and ill know what ill be doing, its very simple.

Once we put the 2 new rotors in, the new pads in and the new fluid along with bled brakes, this thing would be ready for track bro lol :P

Anyways, i also researched on how to change gearbox oil but alot of people are saying its hard to do, messy job, rather get a professional to do it this that so i say we leave that to another time. But we're getting them brakes done 2moro bro!!! Anyways im off g, im gona punch a cone and go to bed lol.

Hadi see u 2moro at midday. C**t :)

by the end of it we found out DOT 3 fluid was recommended by toyota for my car.

i said i cbf for bleeding the brakes, and it wasnt done :P

and there is one ugly bolt to get to at the top which u can see in the pics..

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Its also advisable to bleed your brakes especially when you have removed the hose from the callipars because there could be potential air bubbles trapped in the system and compromise your braking.

All 4 that is.

Happy to be corrected if wrong but that's what I did the few times I removed it.

Its also advisable to bleed your brakes especially when you have removed the hose from the callipars because there could be potential air bubbles trapped in the system and compromise your braking.

All 4 that is.

Happy to be corrected if wrong but that's what I did the few times I removed it.

yes it is a good idea due to the air bubble issue, I have been driving around like this for the last few weeks now, and i have no noticed any compromise in my braking, is it supposed to be noticed?

I mean ive been driving at around 60-80km/h and slamed the clutch and brake and it stops really quick.. u can feel the abs and it gives u a thrill, similar to lif :P

but i dont remember removing any hoses either, like the "brake piston thingy" was removed and that had a hoses connected to it.

but that hose was not removed.

by the end of it we found out DOT 3 fluid was recommended by toyota for my car.

DOT3 is pretty hard to find these days; even so I wouldn't be using DOT3 due to the low boiling point.

So DOT3 is recommened for our car, like it writes it on the lid where its poured into the car.

but it has a low boiling point and thats not good for the corolla?

are there other attributes of DOT3 that are different to DOT4 than the boiling point?

If its just the boiling point that is different then why doesnt everyone use the one with the highest boiling point?

and DOT3 can be found right next to DOT4 at eh super cheap in wetherill park, havnt checked else where though.