TRW Brake Pads

Kenneth

Greetings,

I walked into Autopro to get a quote on some dba slotted and ebc green/red stuff but the guy over the counter recommended the TRW brake pads as he said the guy Tristen (from WTF Auto - the WA-ians would know) prefer the TRW over the EBC,

Not sure if anyone have any experience of know anything about them. Any comments is welcomed...

Looked at QFM pads? Very good price, super pleased with mine so far.

how much would i be looking at for a set of the QFMs? What stores would stock them?

Ta

the TRW should cost the same as the Green Stuff and I have used both and I think they are pretty much the same quality.

Opps forgot to post the prices,

EBC Greenstuff = 195 (fronts)

EBC Redstuff = 210 (fronts)

TRW = 90 (fronts)

Prices were obtain in May2009 from Autopro in Canning Vale.

• 3 weeks later...
Looked at QFM pads? Very good price, super pleased with mine so far.

how much would i be looking at for a set of the QFMs? What stores would stock them?

Ta

http://www.qfmperformance.com

Quick run down on the pads:

- The HPX is a Bendix Ultimate type performance pad, good for about 550 degrees, whilst being virtually dust free, and low rotor wear.

- The A1RM is a Ferodo DS2500 type performance pad, good for about 780 degrees, but will still work from dead cold (A1RM and HPX have the same cold friction), and relatively low dust and rotor wear. I run the A1RM in both my daily road car and rally car and it isn't a compromise in either.

Depends on what pads you've got in your Corolla. Most of the pads (except for DB1431 and some of the SA ones) are available at standard QFM prices, $79 per axle set in HPX, and $119 per axle set in A1RM. Where pads are covered by QFM's normal range need to be custom made, the pricing is $110 per axle set in HPX, and $149 per axle set in A1RM.

Regards,

Greg