17" wheels= poor ride?

Hi I've been through the forum and read a few people wanting to go back to 16" for more comfort. Is it really that bad? are you sacrificing a lot of ride comfort for larger rims?

Yeah, you do. But instead of going 215/40/17, see if you can go 205/45/17, that might help.

Beyond that it comes down to tyre choice. Soft side walled tyres will be more comfortable.

Gav.

215/45/17 good profile and i doubt it'll be much diff in terms of price with 205/45/17 but depending on what tyres you get, I could be wrong ....

;)

the 205/50/16 I'm riding on is hard though .......

try 245/35/20's and low, 17 feel like balloons then

:lol::lol::lol:

It depends on a few things i think,comfort,practicality and ofcourse the almighty dollar..

Personally i've always gone an incher bigger than standard mainly cos of comfort, price, and i like good quality tyres and appearance,dont like oversized wheels..

So with a nice Sportivo you could get a top performance tyre for the 16"s where as similar price would get you one top 19" street slick.. :)

i'm running 17s with cheap 205/45s + kings lows and i dont mind the ride quality. I would have gone for 215/45 but i heard a few ppl were getting a bit of scrubbing.

But in the end i guess it just depends on how picky you are when it comes to ride quality.

Some ppl like to feel all the bumps in the road where as some dont.

Edited by tinno