Aurion vs 3 mps

WRX with 190kW FTW!

I'd even settle for the Lancer Ralliart (pitty about the moniker :P).

Gav.

if someone wwants to test drive one of these come to my house there is one sitting in my garage. subaru race blue too

fastest car i have even been in by far!!!!

2006 gti 32k

or

2009 WRX 39k new

???????? wrx will own it in every way

Edited by ELEGNT

Rowan: I agree with you, I really like the WRX (particularly the sedan with twin exhaust).

The Golf GTi to me is the sort of car you buy when you can't decide which performance car to get. That's not in itself bad, but it feels like a compromise. When you're spending that sort of money, I think you really need to be passionate about the car you are buying, or wait for one to come along that you do feel that way about.

Don't forget about the Holden Astra Turbo!

[/threadjacking] :P

Gav.

Rowan: I agree with you, I really like the WRX (particularly the sedan with twin exhaust).

The Golf GTi to me is the sort of car you buy when you can't decide which performance car to get. That's not in itself bad, but it feels like a compromise. When you're spending that sort of money, I think you really need to be passionate about the car you are buying, or wait for one to come along that you do feel that way about.

Don't forget about the Holden Astra Turbo!

[/threadjacking] :P

Gav.

we got the sedan but those twins are a joke. origianl goes from 2.5inch into the twins and drips to 1.75....wtf with that?

as soon as we picked it up from the dealer went to pipeworx and replaced the rear mufflers from the y section with straigh 2.25 with a bit bigger tips. sounds so mint now its now. took it on a boost/awdturbo cruise up the mountain. excitment in the pant region

old people drive gti's too, the ones that dont want to look like a hoon and get a real sports car so they half assed try to get there and get a golf.there ok but overpriced. r32 is talked up actually too heavy with the 3.2 in it and isnt that quick. r36 tho is a machine 226kw or somethin in a na 6 and a wagon phil. how good is that. got a spare 65? lol

Edited by ELEGNT

[threadjacking]

Rowan: I just checked in CAD, and two 1.75" outlets are equal to a single 2.5" pipe in cross sectional area (slightly more actually). Which would be why Scoobydoo did it that way. But yes, I would be hitting the axleback on the WRX first thing, and you can't beat that sound!

Don't forget when you chip that Golf GTi, it squeezes out another 40kW or something. Sort of agree with you on their image too. But they are very pleasent cars to drive none the less.

Gav.

few more options for you phil

Colt ralliart - 25k new 1100kg, 1.5T, 113kw(max sleeper if you put the boost up or chip it), 0-100 8 flat (not much off stock sportivo) 0-400 16.0

Peugeot 207 GTI (4 door hatch just like u want) 33k new, 1.6T, 1200kg, 128kw, 0-100 7.1, 0-400 15.2

Renault Clio 197 sport 36k new 2L na, 145 kw, 1200kg, 0-100 7.3, 0-400 15.3

or

Toyota Aurion sportivo 07, 20k, 1600kg, 3.5L of muscle, 200 kilowasps, 0-100 lowish 6's, 0-400 14.4

mmm

Edited by ELEGNT

i do like the wrx, but i don't like the stigma attached to owning one.. and don't mention the dreadful fuel consumption, correct 313?

that lady off 5th gear said it, you can turn up to the fanciest hotel in town in a gti, no one would know, turn up in any other car listed here, and you look like a racer(including yes my stivo). golfs have a class that no other hot hatch has, i don't know why.

i will never buy an aurion due to it being a sedan, and 313, I will own you soon(i'm in the mood for strong humourous comments), I'm committed to that. i'm going to take you up on the 20;s and three people on board, I think the stivo can take that anyday. new tyres are going on soon.

oh, 4 doors mandatory. why the mps was originally on the list.

thx though guys, i do like an unbiased look at all sorts of cars. its why every time i do this, i stay with the sportivo, as althought shes got her weaknesses (revs on highway, boot size, tail end look), is a damn good car to own.

whitestivo

i do like the wrx, but i don't like the stigma attached to owning one.. and don't mention the dreadful fuel consumption, correct 313?

fuel consumption is reasonably good. city driving gets you around the 12L/100 but when your on the highways is around the 9. wehn we took it on that run we were going HARD but it was mainly in the range of 70-180 and by the end of the day was sitting on 11 which i though was good. aurion wouldnt have been so well off.

313, I will own you soon(i'm in the mood for strong humourous comments), I'm committed to that. i'm going to take you up on the 20;s and three people on board, I think the stivo can take that anyday. new tyres are going on soon.

haaaahh :lol:...mate if come to the drags on sat ill pay for you entry and ill give u more than 1 second head start and i bet ill pull u in.

20's and 2 extra passangers...elegant wont even feel it so ill take u up on that. thats the good thing about a big car phil u dont notice the extra weight...but when u have these little 4 banger corollas with this lift that u talk of, u fill the ash tray up with shrapnal and youve lost 10kw :P

Edited by ELEGNT

sat is out, has been for a while, i would have come as an onlooker for certain

11's not bad, but when you consider the stivo is in the 8's, not brilliant. what revs at 100kmh BTW 313 in wrx?

your on. cocky young bugger, can't be mocking the greatness of the stivo like that.

There was a time, a time before the aurion. When the 2zz reigned supreme. When people believed everything they read on this forum. This was an age when only men were allowed to post. It is time to avenge that time.

whitestivo

sat is out, has been for a while, i would have come as an onlooker for certain

11's not bad, but when you consider the stivo is in the 8's, not brilliant. what revs at 100kmh BTW 313 in wrx?

revs at about 2900 so still is pretty high songs good with an exhaust tho if u like the rumble of the boxers

your on. cocky young bugger, can't be mocking the greatness of the stivo like that.

There was a time, a time before the aurion. When the 2zz reigned supreme. When people believed everything they read on this forum. This was an age when only men were allowed to post. It is time to avenge that time.

whitestivo

ow i see daryl watching help set these old blokes straight. telling me that there age isnt showing when they bring up golfs :lol:

greatness u say? hang on.....can someone please refresh my memory about the current production line of the sportivo.....OHH thats right got the axe when just before the aurion, must of senced the domination coming :lol:

ahhh just joking man i did want a 2zz when i was buying this...but i think that is the "cocky young bugger" in me. i think i made the right decision ;)

bluestivo

Edited by ELEGNT

My understanding is the 2zz motor was so good it didn't meet emissions, so it got canned?

you are left with vvti, but you get 3.5 litres to make up for it.

that depends on the game. drags one on one I'll conceed, but not by the margin 313 is suggesting, he's got a lesson coming (ha!)

but throw in some twisties, 2zz greatness remains.

whitestivo

I know a certain stock silver Corolla Sportivo that had to slow down and wait for a particular modded blue Aurion Sportivo several times on a leisurely mountain drive with TOCAU one night. :P

Mind you, I'm still impressed at how good Aurions go around corners for such a big FWD car.

Gav.

I know a certain stock silver Corolla Sportivo that had to slow down and wait for a particular modded blue Aurion Sportivo several times on a leisurely mountain drive with TOCAU one night. :P

Mind you, I'm still impressed at how good Aurions go around corners for such a big FWD car.

Gav.

come on come on....my rimt tha i had on that night was pourous and was leaking like no tomorw(got it replaced with a new one that week)...rememeber i had to pump my tire up wile u got fuel

that is y gav lol....just taking it easy, procautions u know :D

Edited by ELEGNT