09 corolla off the road after a week so so sad :(

rolla09

shifting down gears isnt a good thing when u hit the wrong gear and over rev your engine i should no ......still waitin to here the verdict on my week old car ........ouch :(

shifting down gears isnt a good thing when u hit the wrong gear and over rev your engine i should no ......still waitin to here the verdict on my week old car ........ouch :(

Oh man ouch alright,thats no good.

When you say over rev,can you say by how much? Hope all OK.....

Oh man ouch alright,thats no good.

When you say over rev,can you say by how much? Hope all OK.....

guy at toyota reckons 7 or 8,000 rpm so about 2,000 rpm more then the engine can take apparently there not sure on the extent of the damage yet waitin to here bak on moday to find out

Dam unlucky :( ,hope theres not to much damage,did ya tow it to the dealer or did ya limp it there?repairs if needed,getting done under warranty?

Dam unlucky :( ,hope theres not to much damage,did ya tow it to the dealer or did ya limp it there?repairs if needed,getting done under warranty?

well actualy it took a few days for the damage to actualy show up and it stopped on the highway had to be towed to dealer they are lookin at it and its not a warrenty job its popped out a few rockers or parts of cam/rocker setup they are hopin to put it bak in and fingers crossed it will run wont no till they find the last piece which shoulda been in the sump but wasnt now they gotta get this camera in to try findin it befor they can start her up worst case the heads gotta come off have valves replaced and all that b/s and possible piston replacments but thts worst case the guys at toyota wer fairly confident it will run as they have had other people do the same thing in ther 09 models and they ran without replacment parst fingers crossed tightly lol

it probably cant do alot when the cars road speed is forcing the motor to spin higher than the rev limit?

yea basicly guys the road speed was faster then wat the gears was suitable for and ther for forced the motor to reve to road speed and causing it to over rev rev limiter only works wen the engine is increasing speed using its own strength but the weight and speed of the car goin into a lower gear was to fast for the motor ....

I dont understand why you didnt push the cluch in before the revs got that high.

Are you new to driving manuals or something?

i wonder whatever happened to that magna my mate tested when he wanted to see what would happen when you shifted from drive to reverse while driving slowly... haha. yes it really did happen and yes the car was fine afterwards.... except who knows after a few weeks.

btw was ur car brand spanking new or new secondhand?

i did that in my mums auto festiva (reverse to drive) to do skids lol.... its still ok

:lol: remind me never to buy a festiva in brisbane.

hahaha, its my sisters car now... i'm surprised it still goes after some of the ***** i did to it. (reverse-drive skids, reverse doughnuts, crashing it into various things, etc)

i wonder whatever happened to that magna my mate tested when he wanted to see what would happen when you shifted from drive to reverse while driving slowly... haha. yes it really did happen and yes the car was fine afterwards.... except who knows after a few weeks.

brand new done a 1000km's

I dont understand why you didnt push the cluch in before the revs got that high.

Are you new to driving manuals or something?

no im not new to driving ...wasnt my self tht done it i let a friend drive my new car and there a bit tricky shiftin from second to third and if you not watchin u will go straight bak into first so yea .........

eek, no wonder there is significant damage. worst case scenario.

at least u learnt one lesson - never let ur friend drive ur car. did theyoffer to cover the costs??

eek, no wonder there is significant damage. worst case scenario.

at least u learnt one lesson - never let ur friend drive ur car. did theyoffer to cover the costs??

yea they offered to pay the costs just hope they can afford it i find out tomorrow wat the results are yea no ones touchin my car except me now lolz

Oh, well I guess some have to learn the hard way. :ph34r:

Did your friend put it back into first and just leave it there not knowing what to do or something? Because you would know the moment you where releasing the clutch to immediately push it back in once you felt the car pull back and the revs go up.

Shame though mate, I hope everything works out ok for you.

One would've thought rev limiter would stop anything happening???

Rev-limiter only affects injection/ignition/timing (depending on the car), the motor can still physically spin faster if another source (ie not combustion) is providing the driving power.

thank god........i got it bak this arvo and it some how didnt bend and valves bloody lucky $500 later tho but she runs sweet

................ he put the clutch straight bak in but damage was already done because he was gettin up it in 2nd gear and went bak to first so the engine was already spinin at prob about 5,500 6,000 rpm so it just threw the reves thru the roof but got it bak now and drives awsome just gotta break her in now

will keep posted the mods i do laters guys

thank god........i got it bak this arvo and it some how didnt bend and valves bloody lucky $500 later tho but she runs sweet

................ he put the clutch straight bak in but damage was already done because he was gettin up it in 2nd gear and went bak to first so the engine was already spinin at prob about 5,500 6,000 rpm so it just threw the reves thru the roof but got it bak now and drives awsome just gotta break her in now

Eh? So the clutch burned up saving the motor from over-revving too much?

What has actually been damaged or replaced? It sounds like you paid $500 for an inspection? :huh:

Gav.

Eh? So the clutch burned up saving the motor from over-revving too much?

What has actually been damaged or replaced? It sounds like you paid $500 for an inspection? :huh:

Gav.

no engine over revedd to 8 grand 2 grand past limiter broke 6 intake rockers and 2 ehaust rockers was cheap cos i wasnt charged labour guy musta felt sorry for me or somthin i guess lol so was very close to #*#*#*# iit lucky the valve springs stayed in place to pullthe valves up to stop them gettin bent

Wow,

the person that must have done that to your car must be an idiot or something... its as if they weren't paying attention when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, and missed the 3rd gear, and slid straight back into first is there not a prevention thing built into the shifter that will prevent bad things like this happening?? :o i despise the person that did that... NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! <_<

good thing you were able to get it fixed :clap:

Evo