NEW car servicing with toyota

i just bought an 05 corolla..

was just wonderin, if anyone was bothered take their new cars to service with toyota every 10k or so?..

they charge like 200 or something. just to inspect your car..

n the onli reasion you would take it.. is prob just to keep the warrantee?

SOo. the question is.. is it worth it?.. should you take it. or just do a normal service yourself, or at some other mechanics

thnx

i just bought an 05 corolla..

was just wonderin, if anyone was bothered take their new cars to service with toyota every 10k or so?..

they charge like 200 or something. just to inspect your car..

n the onli reasion you would take it.. is prob just to keep the warrantee?

SOo. the question is.. is it worth it?.. should you take it. or just do a normal service yourself, or at some other mechanics

thnx

Get it done at a "good" mechanic, it will be cheaper and they will stamp your book, your 3 year factory warranty will remain intact, your 4 year extended dealer warranty will be void but the amount you save on the services will make it worth it if ever anything went wrong (which is doubtful)

that's just an over-rev due to miss shift which they'll try and blame on you anyway...

but if the oil pump goes, tsk tsk tsk... non genuine oil filter must have caused that ;)

you can get the car serviced anywhere you want as long as they're licenced. They just have to use the genuine service parts to keep the warranty intact. The toyota filters are pretty good anyway, I use them on all my toyota's. No point risking your engine warranty for the sake of an extra $15 per service.

Edited by rollamods

All of the current owners had to get the recall done.

It was just easy to go to the dealer and get it done when you have all your (and the cars) details on their computer and there were no questions asked.

Compare the extra cost to what you have invested in a new car and what you hope to get on a trade in later. I believe it is worth it to get the thing serviced by Toyota.

The extra cost against all your running costs and depreciation is nothing.

Think about this - Would you rather buy a second hand car with Toyota Service history or some local mechanic stamp in the book ? and what would you be prepared to pay for it or if you were choosing between two cars the same with these service books which would you pick.

Does the dealer drive me to work in the city and pick me up in the afternoon - absolutely would some local mechanic - maybe and if so probably in your car.

There are pros and cons for the dealers and the dealers are usually good. My wife stuffed up the power outlet with her mobile phone re charger and they fixed it free and I actually got a replacement with a cig lighter rather than a plastic plug (Camry).

Yes people have gripes with dealers but from what I see it's only because they are not getting something for free and you wont get nothing free at all outside Toyota. It's just one less obstacle you have to over come if there is a problem down the track.

My vote go to a dealer it's like insurance we all hate paying it but it's a necessary evil.

Edited by mtbrider

DIY

Just buy the Filters from Toyota, oil from KMart and keep the receipts !

Change Oil every 6 months or 10,000 kms (whichever comes 1st)

Air filter every 2 years or 20,000kms (whichever comes 1st)

YOU WILL SAVE !

Its a Toyota nothing will go wrong with the Engine, unless you abuse it

yeah, with all my cars, i DIY..

save at least $100 on normal services..

i mean. the first few services for a new car .. are just for inspections.. n they ssaid they're gonna charge 200.. n if parts need to be replaced.. thats at an extra cost!

well, i kno is it a toyota.. im sure nothing will go wrong..

wel, i'll just wait til the time comes to service, n decide then.