Aurion ATX audio upgrades

-DAvo

hey guys,

so im looking at upgrading the audio system in my stock ATX... basically a couple of questions i have:

1. what speakers, from your experience work best while powered by the stock headunit?

2. if im running the stock headunit and upgrade speakers, is it worth sound deadening the panels?

3. if the speakers i upgrade to have seperate tweeters, is it better to have them mounted in the stock location or elsewhere?

and last...

4. any recommendations for a good audio installer in perth? i have previously had work done at A&T in west perth, but not sure if their still kicking around...

thanks for putting up with my silly questions! :blush::help:

hey guys,

so im looking at upgrading the audio system in my stock ATX... basically a couple of questions i have:

1. what speakers, from your experience work best while powered by the stock headunit?

2. if im running the stock headunit and upgrade speakers, is it worth sound deadening the panels?

3. if the speakers i upgrade to have seperate tweeters, is it better to have them mounted in the stock location or elsewhere?

and last...

4. any recommendations for a good audio installer in perth? i have previously had work done at A&T in west perth, but not sure if their still kicking around...

1. Without an amp and a cap, the quality differences will be hard to notice.. You will hear a difference between a stock set and a middle range aftermarket set, but you're best off going with an amp if you want a high quality experience. In the stickied thread there are links to a couple of speaker reviews that might be worthwhile checking out.

2. Deadening would help to reduce road noise and whatnot, but i wouldnt bother with the added cost especially if it's powered by the headunit. Unless you're really serious about your sound or you have the money i personally would not bother.

3. You may as well take advantage of the stock mounts, gives you less hassle and a cleaner install. Its already there, and i dont think many people have much to complain about the placement of tweeters so you may as well use them.

4. Cant give you much help for that question as i'm not from around there, sorry!

Hope i helped, bottom line is an amp is really the backbone to the sound system, there's no point buying a high end speaker and having it powered by a factory radio.. Otherwise you could just buy a mid range set of speakers and you wont be able to tell the difference on the factory radio.

Hope that helped

hey guys,

and last...

1. Without an amp and a cap, the quality differences will be hard to notice.. You will hear a difference between a stock set and a middle range aftermarket set, but you're best off going with an amp if you want a high quality experience. In the stickied thread there are links to a couple of speaker reviews that might be worthwhile checking out.

2. Deadening would help to reduce road noise and whatnot, but i wouldnt bother with the added cost especially if it's powered by the headunit. Unless you're really serious about your sound or you have the money i personally would not bother.

3. You may as well take advantage of the stock mounts, gives you less hassle and a cleaner install. Its already there, and i dont think many people have much to complain about the placement of tweeters so you may as well use them.

4. Cant give you much help for that question as i'm not from around there, sorry!

Hope i helped, bottom line is an amp is really the backbone to the sound system, there's no point buying a high end speaker and having it powered by a factory radio.. Otherwise you could just buy a mid range set of speakers and you wont be able to tell the difference on the factory radio.

Hope that helped

thanks for your quick reply! ^_^

yeah i was thinking about an AMP as well... so is it possible to connect an amp to the stock headunit?

http://www.alberts.com.au/alberts/speakers...e111111/sc6900/

those are the speakers i am interested in.... the people in the thread (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10410) are refering to the ZR6... are the speaker dimensions the same in the ATX?

thanks again!

Drew - "the_random_hero" will be able to help you on that, he along with others provide me with all the advise before i got my sound changed. Now i just enjoy the results.. hahah..

... so is it possible to connect an amp to the stock headunit?

Absolutely. You just use a line out converter (also called a high to low converter). Depending on how good your ears are, you can get cheap units through to expensive units.

those are the speakers i am interested in.... the people in the thread (http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10410) are refering to the ZR6... are the speaker dimensions the same in the ATX?

All Aurion's are identical in terms of interior dimensions. All grades use the exact same speakers, so those dimensions are valid for your AT-X.

Absolutely. You just use a line out converter (also called a high to low converter). Depending on how good your ears are, you can get cheap units through to expensive units.

All Aurion's are identical in terms of interior dimensions. All grades use the exact same speakers, so those dimensions are valid for your AT-X.

thats great news! thanks so much for all the help!! B)

will keep you all posted on the progress...

right now it looks like ill be getting new speakers front and rear, possibly the eclipse? been hearing (excuse the pun!) good things about focal speakers too... upt o this point ive only ever had expereince with pioneer stuff...

thats great news! thanks so much for all the help!! B)

will keep you all posted on the progress...

right now it looks like ill be getting new speakers front and rear, possibly the eclipse? been hearing (excuse the pun!) good things about focal speakers too... upt o this point ive only ever had expereince with pioneer stuff...

if ya do decide to get some quality like Eclipse or Focal maybe run an amp to get the sound that there capable of producing. ;)

hey guys,

and last...

Hey bro,

I got all my speakers chagned to alpnie SPS 6x9's and chagned the headunit myself with the help of these guys :yahoo:

Oh the headunit I put ont was an Alpine X200 :D and the sound is awesome!!! hmm wonder how many aurion peeps we hav ea tperth

Hey guys if you really wanna crank the Aurion, get a cheap amp and throw some Vibe Black Death QB69 in..they run a 10" sub driver and sound insane, they out perform most 10" subs! yeah u will have to cut a hole out a little bigger but u will love them!

http://www.vibecaraudio.com/products/qb69/...h_speakers3.jpg

http://www.jrpsonido.com/Articulos/Articulo0000150.jpg