2ZZ-GE How much thrashing is ok?

Hi all

I have a 2001 Allex (same as RUNX / Sportivo) with tiptronic auto. It has 55,000 kms on the clock. I love driving this car, especially since having it lowered. I do a lot of country road driving, and I love winding it out in 1st and 2nd. But I was wondering just how much of this the 2ZZ-GE can take. I usually don't exceed 7.5 k, but I get close on a regular basis. Is my engine going to be stuffed at 100,000 kms? I run Magnatec oil and Purolator filter and keep it weel maintained.

Also, will I need to change the trans fluid at some stage?

The more you thrash it, the faster everything wears out...

I wouldn't recommend thrashing the car at every chance you get, cruise it and give it a hit once in a while...

Not only will you save your engine, you'll save your tyres, fuel, suspension, gearbox, clutch and everything else...

Better off with cash in your pocket than in the car these days...

Edited by Rolla Boy

How long is a piece of string?

Like everything else, the more punishment you subject to it, the quicker it will fail regardless of how its built

well how often do you redline your car (or take it within 500rpm) mulitple times every drive, once every drive, once every couple of drives.

im about once or twice every drive id say (1 hr drive)....does that sound normal to everyone?

Edited by ELEGNT

im about once or twice every drive id say (1 hr drive)....does that sound normal to everyone?

Normal hey? My poor Aurion. It sees redline like 12-20 times a day.

Normal hey? My poor Aurion. It sees redline like 12-20 times a day.

holy fuk! are u kidding? just normal driving by yourself u hit redline 20 times a day???................ok who has dibs on daryl aurion when he sells it? LOL

Edited by ELEGNT

when i drive my car easy i appreciate it more, dunno if its weird but i dont have to thrash it to enjoy it.. there are days where i go without lift, but some where i just can't get enough of it

Edited by 123R-Prozak

when i drive my car easy i appreciate it more, dunno if its weird but i dont have to thrash it to enjoy it

those are the wisest words from a P plater i have ever heard, u got the right idea mate. cruising slow is the way to go, enjoyment of the car + more respect + get looked at. (im still on my P's too btw, i wish more of us thought like that, w4nkers give us a bad name)

Edited by ELEGNT

when i drive my car easy i appreciate it more, dunno if its weird but i dont have to thrash it to enjoy it

those are the wisest words from a P plater i have ever heard, u got the right idea mate. cruising slow is the way to go, enjoyment of the car + more respect + get looked at. (im still on my P's too btw, i wish more of us thought like that, w4nkers give us a bad name)

im not on my P's..got my gold's a week ago :yahoo: more points to play with :toast: :toast: :toast:

lol yes... when i was reading the DQT rta handbook for my full licence.. its when it sunk in that there is no such thing as safe speeding... im responsible.. no thrashing the car... most the time if i thrash the car.. lift in 2nd gear is speeding in 90% of the roads...

I think there can be a difference between thrashing a car and driving it hard. Not saying my car is bad, but it's not the type of car that you can appreciate the 'softness' of (thanks to it's many creaks and rattles). It feels more at home when it is actually doing some work.

I think there can be a difference between thrashing a car and driving it hard.

yeh like a said the other day when we went for a stick on the highway with those cars...damn lag in the sports mode made me hit limiter like 20 times in 1 night. that is thrashing :( x100 less damage to your engine if it just changed at redline

Keep the oil in good condition, use the correct fuel and the engine internals will be fine. Drivetrain is a different story. Launch it all the time or hard shifting, something will break. There is little point launching the Sportivo as it doesn't get off the line very well, may as well keep the drive train intact.

Pretty much I'm saying what DJKOR is.

Run good fully synthetic oil, change it often and 98 RON fuel for that extra bit of knock prevention and cane it all day I reckon.

I run Motul 300V Chrono 10W-40 and change it ever 6000km's with a new TRD oil filter every change. It's still pretty much gold after 6000 but better safe than sorry. I just give the used oil to my brother to use in one of his ****ters as it's probably still much, much better than new generic semi-synthetic.

I really, really HATE knock. It SCARES me. When I bought the corolla, it had a full tank of 95 and occasionally when almost stalling, you can hear knocking. Obviously it's not gonna hurt at revs that low but now I run 98, not the slightest knock. I can stall the engine and it won't even do it then.