Gen 5 Fuel Warning Light

Digital Cruiser

I've been researching this question for quite some time now. From what I've read, it should come on with approximately 5 to 10 litres of fuel left. But I've actually never seen it come on at all! Even with 2 to 3 litres left!

Does anyone know how to test if my fuel warning light is broken? Or just the bulb has decided to kill itself after so much time in the dash? I'm judging the fuel only by the fuel meter but still wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Hopefully it's just a blown bulb or something.

I've been researching this question for quite some time now. From what I've read, it should come on with approximately 5 to 10 litres of fuel left. But I've actually never seen it come on at all! Even with 2 to 3 litres left!

Does anyone know how to test if my fuel warning light is broken? Or just the bulb has decided to kill itself after so much time in the dash? I'm judging the fuel only by the fuel meter but still wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

In pulling the dash apart on mine, i found it did not even have a bulb there, and when i put one in. it did not work.

I would say it is a feature that the AUDM cars lacked...

In pulling the dash apart on mine, i found it did not even have a bulb there, and when i put one in. it did not work.

I would say it is a feature that the AUDM cars lacked...

You must be joking right? Why would the AUDM remove such an important feature.... I don't even know if my is AUDM or JDM ST185 :P I think it is AUDM though....

I think it's more likely there's a fault in the sender, if the globe doesn't work

That could be another possible, but i would almost be certain the AUDM 184 (idk about the 185) did not include the feature at all as there was never a bulb in the cluster for mine..

I think it's more likely there's a fault in the sender, if the globe doesn't work

That could be another possible, but i would almost be certain the AUDM 184 (idk about the 185) did not include the feature at all as there was never a bulb in the cluster for mine..

Highly doubt it, cars have had low-fuel lights since at least the early 80s. The development of EFI and unleaded fuel meant that they were needed to stop people running the tanks dry, which can seriously screw with the high-pressure EFI fuel pumps (which are in-tank and lubricated by the fuel) and the catalytic converters.

after some further research, the ST184 does have a fuel warning light... why mine never had a bulb is a mystery to me.

anyway, how to test it....

fuellight.JPG

after some further research, the ST184 does have a fuel warning light... why mine never had a bulb is a mystery to me.

anyway, how to test it....

fuellight.JPG

I followed the instructions and the warning lights comes on when i bridge it.... however..... OMFG! that means my sender is broken :S

I'll try one more time... letting it get down to the "E" line and see if it lights up!

• 4 weeks later...

If your GT4 is Australian delivered it will be wide body (guards will be wider than a SX Celica).

Jap ones have writing on the side, plus often have things like leather seats and climate control.