Knocking front passenegr side

sx6er

just last night i noticed that when steering left or right on the majority of occasions i hear a knocking sound come from the front left (wheel area???). i can reproduce the sound by turning and braking at the same time (not to hard or fast, just gently), im thinking possibly because of the weight shift but can get the sound in left hand turns sometimes as well. i wouldnt insactly call it a turn more like a small swerve. my passenger also said they could feel the knock near their feet.

any ideas?

thanks in advance lads

Sounds like what mive was doing....... It was my CV. I got it fixed now it dosnt do it...... but i did notice when im revesing and turning it dose it now. Dose yours do it in reverse????

i havent noticed in reverse but i definately here it while im parking in the driveway and whatnot. gona take it for a check today

did u end up taking it? what did they say it was?

My 30K Aurion has a small knock occasionally, noticed at slow speeds with turning and braking. The dealer has an intermediate shaft on order to sort the problem. Warranty.

they can still here the noise but they see everything is looking ok. they insisted on keeping it to sort out the problem. the guy im dealing with has to be one of the best with customer relations, always keen to help

they can still here the noise but they see everything is looking ok. they insisted on keeping it to sort out the problem. the guy im dealing with has to be one of the best with customer relations, always keen to help

where are you located, and which workshop?

i live in ballarat(VIC) during the week and melbourne on the weekends. the shop is located in footscray in melbourne so i travel to get my car there and back during the week. shop name is Le Mans Toyota

good news, got word that the knocking seemed to be some drive shaft??? that connected the front wheels to the steering arm??? no idea really. anyways, it can be fixed under new car warranty but requires prior approval from toyota head office (which i got :clap: ). but must be fitted within 28 days of the approval which is a little troublesome as im going on holidays. not too worry, it will be done when i get back.

hope this helps someone in the future