pfc in a 1zz

hey everbody as some of you may know already i have had a pfc installed into my 1zz powered corolla, its up and running now and i was just wondering what sort of power i could get out of it ,atm it has a cai and full exhaust system. ill attach a dyno sheet but just to keep in mind it was tuned so it runs not for any performance.. cheers guys

post-7503-1247169048_thumb.jpg

Hi Mate....im no pro at all on any tuning things....but from what i have read

people changing ecu / Piggyback maybe gain in power 6-10kw (correct me if im wrong :) )

its more in torque and driveability that you feel the big difference i think from your dyno you are at around 91kw @ the wheels......a mate put his dead stock 2ZZ on the dyno when he got it and he pulled 99.6kw....same car with ported headers, exhaust, CAI and tuning with e manage / V manage setup got around 127kw and this was only tuned to around 7500rpm ...so you would expect it may have got around 130kw complete tune.

i'd be guessing that where you are at now is about right, remembering your car came stock with 100kw at the fly...you are getting towards 100kw @ wheels. Like you said this was a safe tune

but once again this is what ive read.....you need some 1ZZ owners who have hooked up a PFC with your mods and compare.

good work mate

Edited by jaderd

one of the guys in Sydney managed 100kw atw from his with pfc tuned, but you can't really compare different dyno figures. Plug your stock ECU in to get a power/torque baseline and then go from there. The peak power will also usually depend on how high you're prepared to rev the engine as the 1zz's continue to make power until rev-cut.

Foo! That's a very nice gain

I've ran the PFC for a year n abit & have only managed 100 atw last tuned only matched with a 2 1/4 exhaust wih custom headers,this before CAI i purchased from the forum this year. I'm waiting for a new filter (Pipercross Viper) from Demon Tweeks UK & have it properly tuned on the Dyno,I'd never expect the 120's like yours.

Getting all giddy just looking at this,Can you give us a detailed set up of ur 1ZZ coz i'd love to know

Cheers

Mo

I've ran the PFC for a year n abit & have only managed 100 atw last tuned only matched with a 2 1/4 exhaust wih custom headers,this before CAI i purchased from the forum this year. I'm waiting for a new filter (Pipercross Viper) from Demon Tweeks UK & have it properly tuned on the Dyno,I'd never expect the 120's like yours.

Getting all giddy just looking at this,Can you give us a detailed set up of ur 1ZZ coz i'd love to know

Cheers

Mo

Hi Mate you must have read incorrect...his is pushing out around 91-92KW @ wheels....not 120's

* my fault...you never mentioned KW...you were talking HP.....sorry

Edited by jaderd

Cheers

Mo

Anyone having issues with the ABS like me :( ?

PFC + May 2002 Levin = no ABS atm.

Cheers

Mo

Anyone having issues with the ABS like me :( ?

PFC + May 2002 Levin = no ABS atm.

I know mine isn't a Levin, but mine works fine. Check your battery connection, as the electrical load can cause the ABS to play up if the connection is a bit dodgy.