'98 1mz rev-limiter

addy287

Hey all, its been a while since i posted anything but im back, for those few of you who missed me.

Just thought that i would let all the camry owners with the 1mz-fe engine in it, YES it does have a rev-limiter.....

it bothered me for a while not knowing weather it did or not, but i accidently found out the other night lol

I was showing off to my friends in the rain and decided to launch the car as hard as possible around a bend, hopefully getting alot of spin and noise etc. me being the person that i am put it into L (auto) while waiting for the lights to change green, but forgot...lol u can imagine the rest, lights went green, friends standing next to the car, spinning about 70kmph in 1st at 70000rpm (redline at 6) rev-limiter protecting the engine thank god...

an up side to this was that my friend who is a car enthusiast like myself said it was the loudest engine he'd heard on the road :D

anyways, i know im stupid, and im glad the cars ok. toyota holding its rep for being VERY reliable

until next time...... B)

Just thought that i would let all the camry owners with the 1mz-fe engine in it, YES it does have a rev-limiter.....

it bothered me for a while not knowing weather it did or not, but i accidently found out the other night lol

I'd have been extremely surprised if it didn't. All EFI cars should have rev-limiters, it's an extremely easy thing to implement with computerised ignition and injection.

Umm the 1mz is rev limited at about 6300rpm or so. I've hit it quite a few times myself.

Here is a video of a gen4 1mz hitting the rev limiter. It has a charger on it but that doesnt affect the rev limiter.

http://au.truveo.com/Turbo-vs-Supercharged...y/id/2589798331

try not to make a habit of it though, otherwise kiss goodbye to valve guides, rings, etc.! not to mention it wouldnt be doing your auto transmission any good either

Umm the 1mz is rev limited at about 6300rpm or so. I've hit it quite a few times myself.

Here is a video of a gen4 1mz hitting the rev limiter. It has a charger on it but that doesnt affect the rev limiter.

http://au.truveo.com/Turbo-vs-Supercharged...y/id/2589798331

mine defintly went wbout 6300....100% sure cause i was looking at it when it was bouncing of the limiter

and no, lol i dont plan to do it again it was an accident

man that supercharged one sounds mean, almost as good as mine, lol jks

Ahh yes... A... sounds very much like your car LOL mind you, this wasn't your car...

I still shotgun a spin in ya car on next cruise!

was this directed at wanting a ride in my car? im hopefully putting an exhaust on it soon so it should sound better....read the new topic about it, love to hear ur comments