Acesnt ZZE 122 R and Castrol oil

Hi

I just bought my Toyota Corolla model 2006 sedan ZZE122r From auction , and I am looking to replace oil for engine and transmission (part of service), I checked castrol lube guide in the link below :

http://www.datateck.com.au/lube/castr_au/

it shows me for engine :

CASTROL MAGNATEC 10w-40

and for automatic transmission is

CASTROL TRANSMAX E

but when i read the thread below it is warns to use other than

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...17140540AAkW05i

Your vehicle takes Toyota Type T-IV transmission fluid. It is very, very important that you use this fluid only.

My second question if I want to replace oil transmission from where I can fill it again,,,,is from the dipstick compartment ? I know how to drain it out.

Thanks

On my '06 'rolla I, due to the used magnatec and wasn't that happy with it...the engine was noisy on cold start up, (bad) and on other forums they reckon that magnatec can leave engine deposits, also I found that the oil becomes very dirty ( black) in a short time.

I changed to Castrol Edge synthetic 5w-30, and this has fixed all the magnatec issues I had, also the engine idles a little faster, and revs better but best of all the engine rattle on cold starts has now gone ( I've been told due to much better quality thinner oil getting around the engine much quicker ) .

It is more expensive than magnatec but on special (at Supercheap) it is around $48 for 5 litres...hope this helps.

if you've got an automatic transmission then I'd run nothing else but the toyota fluid. It's excellent stuff.

The 5W30 Genuine toyota vvti engine oil is also very good.

I use Megnetic for my ZRE152

Cause i always ues that on my Astra SRi be4

I recon that's good enough for rolla

Edge 5w-30 is better, but it's too expensive as i'm changing oil every 5Ks

For ATF

Toyota one is the best!!!

Have always used Castrol GTX3 in both my 01 Camry(8 years) and 05 Corolla(3 years)...Every 6 months regardless of Kilometres driven

Check your user manual for the Corolla, the auto tranny is filled for life, should be a label to that effect under the bonnet somewhere ....some conditions apply...

Edited by Topdog

hi mate, i have the exact car like yours :D. The Castrol (Edge or Sport something, i can't remember) fully synthetic 5w-30 works perfectly with our car :-), very smooth driving.... i change the oil every 5k km, and it works just great!

Thanks guys for those inputs. Sorry for the late reply I did not receive emails notification for all your replies

Just for curiosity,,,,is it safe to follow what does Castrol data sheet (link that I have posted) recommend for my car ? Or not ?

if you've got an automatic transmission then I'd run nothing else but the toyota fluid. It's excellent stuff.

As you might notice that Castrol data sheet does not distinguish between manual and automatic (this is for my car ,,,I do not know about other )

Edge 5w-30 is better, but it's too expensive as i'm changing oil every 5Ks

That is fine I do not mind to pay extra , but Castrol does not recommend that for my car.

Thanks

Hi KHIEM

Good day to you.

The Castrol (Edge or Sport something, i can't remember) fully synthetic 5w-30 works perfectly with our car :-),

Why did u use this type ? Is this recommended by your mechanic ? or for your experience you found it better ?

Because as you can check the link from catrol it does not recommend this.

For instance I am using Castrol GTX3 15W-40 for my Honad Odyssey model 2000 2.3L because it is recommended by Castrol

in the owners manual that comes with the ZZE122, it lists 5W30 as the preferred oil for australian conditions. You can use 10W40 or 0W40 if you really want, but 5W30 is BEST for the engine.

Do not use anything other than the genuine toyota type IV ATF unless you want to have issues with the gearbox.

Thanks CHA54

in the owners manual that comes with the ZZE122, it lists 5W30 as the preferred oil for australian conditions.

Since I bought my car from auction , I could not find the manual for my car.

Do not use anything other than the genuine toyota type IV ATF unless you want to have issues with the gearbox.

I see.

mate, i have 2008-9 model 10th generation corolla, I firstly used castrol syn 5-30w. and lost a bit of oil after evry month. So now I changed to vavoline syn 5-40W. And never have had a oil burning issues.

i checked the dip stick level. It stays the same since 6 months ago. by the way I do 25000km a year

Gregory's puts out a very good home mechanics workshop manual, available from places like Auto-One, Repco, Supercheap..Around $35-40.

Edited by Topdog

Castrol oil is known for sludging up engines so I won't go near the stuff...

I use Repsol oil and it seems to get rid of those little ticking noises and feels a lot better...

$40 for 5 litres so it's not too bad price wise either...