Help

DODO

Hi everyone: I am new in here.. I got a question for u guys, i had a 2008 ZR6, recently i noticed my vsc warning light come up on the screen and the engine warning comes up as well.. i took my car to the toyota dealer this monday and their find out there is some code missing or malnufunction.. The last couple days is all working fine until yesterday while i was driving, the car shut down by it self... i noticed before i take the car back to the dealer,, it happened once and it also happen once when i press the engine start button and it won't fire up...

i want to know has anyone has this issue before and how i do know... Please give me some advice.. the car is only done 12000km ..

best regard..

David :help:

When it 'died' on you, did it make any unusual sounds (spluttering etc)? Also, when you try to start it, does the starter motor engage and does it attempt to start, or just nothing?

Being a new car, this would have to be something for Toyota to check out cause they should fix it under warranty. Don't attempt to reset the ECU either as it may now have a stored fault code and freeze-frame data.

Thanks for the info... when it die on me,it will fire up straight , once when i park it at car park and when i try to start the car the engine just won't fire up, the dash light and power all come up except the engine, i tried couple times and suddenly it fires up.. i don't know what's going on...

I think your best option would be to keep speaking to Toyota. It could possibly have something to do with the Smart Entry ECU and it's not really something you'll want to try and fix yourself given that you are under warranty. Last thing you want is for it to break down in the worst of all places and set you back even further.

Thanks for the info... when it die on me,it will fire up straight , once when i park it at car park and when i try to start the car the engine just won't fire up, the dash light and power all come up except the engine, i tried couple times and suddenly it fires up.. i don't know what's going on...

Radio/electrical interference can cause issues starting as the key is not recognised. There is a section in the owners manual about it.

Radio/electrical interference can cause issues starting as the key is not recognised. There is a section in the owners manual about it.

If that were the case though, would his dash still light up?

Yes I believe so its as if he was just turning the ignition on. I will give it a try later to confirm.

I find that my mobile phone can cause interference.

Edited by SupaTouring

in regards to starting your engine, and this might sound stupid, but would you happen to start ignition while your in gear other than in [P]park, for example starting in [D]drive... wont crank up if thats the case :unsure:

Thanks for all the info n i will see how the car act in the next few days, if it still does n i will speak to the dealer again... by the way my 19inch whees will be arrive on monday morning... can't wait till it go on the car.. once it's on the car i will post the pic on...

Go Aurions....

COOL , I WILL DEFINITELY JOIN AND I GOT COUPLE FRIENDS WHICH ALSO DRIVES AURION AS WELL. I WILL BRING THEM IN AS WELL

Good stuff. Just what I wanted to hear.

isnt rowan experiencing a similar problem with his car?

I think they are two separate issues as Rowan's cranks but doesn't fire up. DODO doesn't seem to get any bit of engine movement.

Hey Guys: Just noticed my car it happened again.. finish work yesterday and got home to take my car for a drive, everything is sweet at beginning, after while the vsc comes up again and engine warning light comes up as well.... i notice a new thing, while the engine is fire up and put it into gear like normal as we do... the rev is normal when u put on accelerator but the car is not moving while it's in "D", . i really don't know how should i describe it.. but it really give a big sh*ts.... I just booked with the dealer on monday morning...

i will keep update how it goes,

best regard

Dave

Now it's starting to sound like the gearbox is playing up. It's like you are getting all these different faults. Thought it could be just one that is making it seem like a lot. Either way, taking it to the dealer was the best choice.