Audio System / Head Unit installer in Brisbane

I don't live in Brisbane... but any auto-electrician. Or perhaps the company you bought it from provide an installation service. I know here in NSW - JB-HIFI provide car entertainment installations...

Edit: Or - give it a go yourself with the help of a mate? =)

Edited by MetalGod

Are you jsut planning on getting that double DIN one you mentioned earlier? With those, you'll also need to get the pieces that fill the gaps on the side since the Toyota double DIN standard is a little wider than normal. If you get a proper install shop to install it, they should have the pieces.

The $200-$300 mark doesn't surprise me. I personally would install a head unit for much less than that, but that's me.

Are you jsut planning on getting that double DIN one you mentioned earlier? With those, you'll also need to get the pieces that fill the gaps on the side since the Toyota double DIN standard is a little wider than normal. If you get a proper install shop to install it, they should have the pieces.

The $200-$300 mark doesn't surprise me. I personally would install a head unit for much less than that, but that's me.

yes, planning to get that one, but just want to make sure if everything can be fitted into the new corolla.

where do you think i can get the gaps on the side?

and how much would you charge? since you are in sinnamon park, how about give a mate a hand? :yahoo::toast:

You would pick those pieces up from Toyota. Never had to get them before so I'm not sure of the costs.

Usually I would do the install for a case of beer, but I stopped my big nights of drinking a while ago. Now you'd be looking at a $50 flat rate to fit a head unit including at home service around the Brisbane area. Takes about 30-60 minutes to do depending on the car. New Corolla shouldn't pose any issues.

You would pick those pieces up from Toyota. Never had to get them before so I'm not sure of the costs.

Usually I would do the install for a case of beer, but I stopped my big nights of drinking a while ago. Now you'd be looking at a $50 flat rate to fit a head unit including at home service around the Brisbane area. Takes about 30-60 minutes to do depending on the car. New Corolla shouldn't pose any issues.

do you call those pieces that fill up the gaps?

i'll give toyota a call on monday and see if i can get some from them.

so you reckon those chinese made double dins head unit should be fine on the corolla right?

and when is the best time to get it done? week days or weekends?

thanks!!

do you call those pieces that fill up the gaps?

Wouldn't have a clue sorry. Just explain it to them and they should understand.

so you reckon those chinese made double dins head unit should be fine on the corolla right?

They should do the trick, but you get what you pay for. For example, my Chinese unit has a pretty crappy UI and the screen gets washed out in bright sun.

and when is the best time to get it done? week days or weekends?

Either or. Depending on where I am. Work varies from day to day. Just PM me once you have everything and when would suit you best, and I'll see if I can work around it.

you wont need to buy extra cables unless ur hookin it up to an amp. all u'll need to do is just solder the unit wires onto the stock ones.. i.e. power, earth, left and right speaker.. etc etc. just read the instructions. but yeah. you wont need extra cables if its a simple head unit swap.

you wont need to buy extra cables unless ur hookin it up to an amp. all u'll need to do is just solder the unit wires onto the stock ones.. i.e. power, earth, left and right speaker.. etc etc. just read the instructions. but yeah. you wont need extra cables if its a simple head unit swap.

cool! thanks!

Solder? You must never have heard of Toyota pins ;) Makes headunit installation very easy and completely reversible should you decide to go back to factory.

Solder? You must never have heard of Toyota pins ;) Makes headunit installation very easy and completely reversible should you decide to go back to factory.

Exactly what I was going to use... but you would know that. Been using them on all radio installs since it makes it easy as plug and play. And like you said, requires no cutting of the original harness.

Soldering is reversible lol. snip snip, then solder again lol.

Exactly what I was going to use... but you would know that. Been using them on all radio installs since it makes it easy as plug and play. And like you said, requires no cutting of the original harness.

hmm, maybe in the new toyota's... lol. i cant remember mine having the clips. its a made 99 AE102R rolla conquest.. 96 model tho, i'm pretty sure.

Excellent, I figured you'd have a crimper set on you and it makes things so, so much easier. Doesn't work on BMW's though :P

Well, to reverse mine it takes about ten seconds, depending on the amount of 'leccy tape you use. Problem with cut and taping is you can quite easily leave a strand exposed (or it can poke through the tape), which could lead to a short.

Excellent, I figured you'd have a crimper set on you and it makes things so, so much easier. Doesn't work on BMW's though :P

Well, to reverse mine it takes about ten seconds, depending on the amount of 'leccy tape you use. Problem with cut and taping is you can quite easily leave a strand exposed (or it can poke through the tape), which could lead to a short.

Yeah true, just gotta be liberal with the electrical tape lol. But yeah, I think older models didnt have the clips. As I said before, mine's a ae102R 99, think it was one of the ones they started making in 96.. not sure.