Corolla Edge ZRE

Went to Toyota today to check out the new Corolla Edge special edition, let down again Toyota..

Its pretty much an SX with Edge badge and floor mats,i think the factory black lip on front is colour coded and options are the safety pack with all

the air bags,VSC,optitron dash but no roof.. I think around 27K but with options might as well just get a ZR..

They at least could've introduced a new colour :angry:

Oh yeah and new design 16"s :o

THE SPECIAL EDITION COROLLA ‘EDGE’.

SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

With its bold and dynamic European styling, inside and out, this iconic car doesn’t just look

great – it’s got real power where it matters, with a robust 100kW Dual VVT-i 1.8L engine.

With a choice of six-speed manual or four-speed automatic with a sporty gated shift, the

Corolla ‘Edge’ boasts an impressive drag coeffi cient of just 0.29Cd to minimise noise and

maximise fuel effi ciency. With ample space and an ergonomically designed interior, the

Corolla ‘Edge’ has it all. And more. Like 16” alloy wheels, side skirts, front fog lamps, rear mud

guards and a large rear spoiler to complete a powerful exterior look. Inside, a Bluetooth™(5)

capable, 6 CD audio unit keeps you tuned into your favourite music, while exclusive ‘Edge’

fl oor mats and badging provide the fi nishing touch. With value as impressive as this, it’s yet

another reason why Corolla’s the world’s most popular small car.

THE SPECIAL EDITION COROLLA ‘EDGE’ FEATURES.

· 16” ALLOY WHEELS

· FRONT FOG LAMPS

· LARGE REAR SPOILER

· SIDE SKIRTS

· REAR MUD GUARDS

· 6 CD AUDIO UNIT WITH BLUETOOTH™(5) CAPABILITIES AND MP3/USB

CONNECTION

· UNIQUE ‘EDGE’ FLOOR MATS

· UNIQUE ‘EDGE’ BADGING

The Edge model is always a base model car with a bodykit, alloys, foglights and egde badges...

whats this so called sporty gatd shift??? can u shift it like a sequential auto?

I'm pretty sure its just like the current regular auto on the corolla. not a fan of the wheels on it. I wonder where the usb conntection is. I assume its on the headunit

whats this so called sporty gatd shift??? can u shift it like a sequential auto?

I'm pretty sure its just like the current regular auto on the corolla. not a fan of the wheels on it. I wonder where the usb conntection is. I assume its on the headunit

yeah its the same, i was jsut wondering if it wont damage the tranny when i shift sequentially eg L>2>3>D

i was jsut wondering if it wont damage the tranny when i shift sequentially eg L>2>3>D

I'd highly recommend against it for an auto box. It it's not a manual, don't try to drive it like one.

i was jsut wondering if it wont damage the tranny when i shift sequentially eg L>2>3>D

I'd highly recommend against it for an auto box. It it's not a manual, don't try to drive it like one.

then why have it gated?

then why have it gated?

It's just a design. In my opinion, it looks cleaner than having it in a straight line. Being gated removes the button on the shift lever that locks it between park and reverse as well as between 2nd and 1st on cars that have it.

Just because it is 'gated' doesn't mean it's like a manual. Ever seen a gated manual. Completely different.

yeah its the same, i was jsut wondering if it wont damage the tranny when i shift sequentially eg L>2>3>D

lol must be a new headunit unless the ZR's have it bcos SX dont have it all they have is 6 stacker cd and bluetooth

then why have it gated?

It's just a design. In my opinion, it looks cleaner than having it in a straight line. Being gated removes the button on the shift lever that locks it between park and reverse as well as between 2nd and 1st on cars that have it.

Just because it is 'gated' doesn't mean it's like a manual. Ever seen a gated manual. Completely different.

yeah agreed DJKOR, ive seen a friend screw up his gear box shifting in btween L 2 3 D, but then again its a honda :P jks honda's are cool FD2 TYPE R FTW

'Edge'.. pffftt. Before i got my corolla, i was playing up with getting a yaris admist rumors of a TRD spec/turbo variant of the yaris. The thought of a forced

induced 1.5VVTi sounded so good. But there was no such.

I asked if there was a 2008 model Sportivo Corollal, but there wasnt that either. So the Levin ZR i ended up with.

Come out with a TRD sport model Corolla, or a turbo version. Toyota would then jump the ladder a couple clicks.

These "Edge" variants are quite lame.. definitely not worth it's price tag imo, especially the Yaris Edge. Toyota should have brought in the 1.8L(2ZR-FE) Yaris instead.. <_<