Unlocking issue

00UCH

Ok so the last week or so iv been getting into my car and then after a while i notice all the doors bar drivers door are locked. if i get in from passanger it unlocks all if i use the remote unlocks all and locks all. But yea from the drives door it wont unlock all the doors just the drivers one BUT if i lock from drivers side it locks all doors...... Very strange anyone have the same problem??

Cheers

This sounds similar to the drivers side only unlock that you can have set for your car. For those without the Smart Entry this means you press unlock once to unlock just the drivers side, then press again to unload all other doors.

I guess the Smart Entry has the ability to have the drivers side unlock when only that door handle is used, and have it unlock all passenger doors when you use the other door handle.

As for why it started doing it randomly, who knows. Electronics can do funny things sometimes.

Ok so the last week or so iv been getting into my car and then after a while i notice all the doors bar drivers door are locked. if i get in from passanger it unlocks all if i use the remote unlocks all and locks all. But yea from the drives door it wont unlock all the doors just the drivers one BUT if i lock from drivers side it locks all doors...... Very strange anyone have the same problem??

Cheers

When all doors are locked, what happens when you press the unlock button on your remote twice?

When all doors are locked, what happens when you press the unlock button on your remote twice?

From the way he stated it, I would be saying that he just has to press the unlock button on the remote once to unlock all doors:

...if i use the remote unlocks all and locks all.

But using the remote to unlock all the doors is besides the point. He has Smart Entry and should never have to touch the remote. He just isn't getting it to unlock all the doors when he grabs the drivers' door handle. The remote has no play in it.

Cheers

Thats an option you can change from the service department. They have a hand held computer that they can change it. you can have all doors unlock or drivers door only. if you bought tha car second hand maybe the previous owner had it changed, if your the first owner, cant explain it.