Strut Bars

maca_10

from reading this thread it looks like getting a thicker front sway bar would be better to get first than the front strut? i already got a trd rear sway.

i would rather put those money to flare my side guards...

how much are you going to flare them? front and rear? interested to see photos :)

from reading this thread it looks like getting a thicker front sway bar would be better to get first than the front strut? i already got a trd rear sway.

The front anti-roll bar is a pain to install, and is costly to pay someone else to do it. No where near as easy as the rear to do. Done it a few times and can do it in a couple hours.

anti-roll bar install guide

dave, you got a workshop somewhere? think ppl might actually willing to pay you to do their rolla... and regarding to final drive, no, i have not install them, but 400 is the quote i get for take out the gear box... but since the stock final drive is around 4.6, i double that it is worth to upgrade it to 4.8... i better off change my rim back to 16 inch. just lately i can feel something wrong with my rolla, but no idea what goes wrong, it's done 100k already... time for recondition? the work shop had actually suggest me to go for pfc, so i might soon need to get those stuff from you.

regards to the flaring, the maximum i could go for is 3/4 inch without repaint, and that's what im gonna get, front - 1/2 inch rear 3/4 inch, got a friend actually can work on that for 400 - 500... then 25mm spacer for the back and 5mm spacer for the front which both had already been installed.

Nah, I don't have a workshop, but I've done work on a couple of Rollas up in Brisbane.

How do you mean something wrong? In the gearbox?

it is not accelerating as it use to be, especially the area over 6k rpm... that's why i am now selling my 18 inch back to 15 or 16... and meanwhile looking for a pfc or final drive upgrade. and i am going for a major servise next week, but not expecting much from it. any suggestion? thanks man.

Could try resetting the ECU and cleaning the MAFS. I used to find that my car would feel flat at times (on the stock ECU) but I think it was just in my mind as I'd hit the track or dyno and the numbers would come out the same. 18's probably don't help the cause (180Nm or so isn't much to move big rims).

• 2 months later...

hi guys, i installed a c-one front strut brace. i added washers underneath to tighten the bolts properly and i felt a difference in turning as described.

but in contrast to doublezero, steering was a lot heavier/harder to turn the steering wheel. its quite a difference that i have to get used to it!

apart from that i'm pretty happy with it :)