naturally aspirated

jazza

no champ its not... i was going to put one on but was told i would get more power asperating it ... more power out of asperating then just puting on a turbo.... does this make sence to you... this is what i was told.... then i maybe can turbo after that?????????????????????????????

You do understand what Naturally Aspirated means right?

A normal engine with no turbocharger or supercharger (ie. Forced Induction) is a Naturally Aspirated engine. With your engine as it is now then, it is already Naturally Aspirated.

I'm guessing whoever you spoke was probably saying to reduce intake/exhaust restriction before going Forced Induction, but usually that is what you would do as part of that process anyways.

thank you... and no i did not know thats why i asked....... ok can you tell me the things to do to my (naturally aspirated) car so it ganes more horsepower engine wise is there any thing........ can someone give me a list of things?????? cheers

Since you intend to turbo later its not really worth getting intake or extracters. Upgrade the exhaust (the whole thing, not the muffler). Otherwise mods that work well between NA and turbo are things like camshafts and ECU. I'm not up to speed on the engine options the '88 Celica had, but do you have a 3s-ge in it? Might just be cheaper to swap a 3s-gte in.

if you want a decent amount power from your celica, just do a 3s-gte swap.... dont f*ck around trying to get power out of the 3sfe or 3sge that is in it.

from standard a 3sgte runs 7-9ish PSI of boost, but you can increase this by adding a boost controller...

**shakes head**...how old are u jazza? all i can think of when i read through this is one add off ignition dvd where the guy just got his L's, has a POS lancer, races down to autobarn and buys a BOV and askes the guy if there is any aftermaket front mounts for his lancer (add was about idiots that have no idea wtf a car is all about and think the can mod)

Edited by ELEGNT

All I can see is this project ending in tears the way it is going. If you are after more power without changing cars, then change to a 3S-GTE as suggested. Don't go messing with boost after that I would say as well.

yeah, by the sounds of it, you should not attempt this yourself..

either get a mechanic to do everything for you, or better yet, sell your 162 and buy a 165 or 185... will prob be alot cheaper and easier in the long run.

**shakes head**...how old are u jazza? all i can think of when i read through this is one add off ignition dvd where the guy just got his L's, has a POS lancer, races down to autobarn and buys a BOV and askes the guy if there is any aftermaket front mounts for his lancer (add was about idiots that have no idea wtf a car is all about and think the can mod)

:lol: Hahaha Rowan an absolute classic....I had memories of that ad also,now i can't stop laughing :lol::lol:

p.s 15 mins later i'm still laughing my azz off and now i'm in tears of laughter and my ribs hurt :lol::lol:

:lol: Hahaha Rowan an absolute classic....I had memories of that ad also,now i can't stop laughing :lol::lol:

p.s 15 mins later i'm still laughing my azz off and now i'm in tears of laughter and my ribs hurt :lol::lol:

that ad on u tube?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jazza,

The performance you get depends on how much you want to spend and what you want from it.

If you want it to be fast and last you need to spend more.

Talking naturally aspirated, if you want it grow to bigger balls you will need to do many things to it

- install extractors but you wont get full potential unless you get a bigger exhaust system all the way [up to $900 ]

- Replace the stock intake air filter with a good quality high performance air filter (K&N) or for higher power go a Cold air intake system (don't go short RAM intake) [up to $300]

- Use high quality sparks and leads (NGK Iridium are good) [up to $200 ]

- Use high quality fluids and lubes (Penrite worth a look) [up to $300]

- Use high quality fuel (i use BP ultimate) but you wont get full potential if your engine is not tuned for it

- Use a ECU upgrade or replacement (avoid piggy backs and check support for AC etc. Checkout Powerchip) [ up to $1200]

- Use high quality radiator hoses (thicker and stronger) and clamps and make sure its has good air exposure [ up to $200 ]

- Increase the wheel size

Try and get all of it done professionally

Or install a disco potato blow your car up into pieces and throw in a bit of nitro while totally forgetting natural aspiration and top it off with a Ambi Pur vent machine

You can do anything your want..

Have a chat with your local mechanic.

Just remember your car is as strong as its weakest component and its also about how far are you willing to go

- You can have the head machined and bored out

But also know that if you modify it a way that the engine wasn't designed for its costly and useless because you screw up other components from pressure and compression.

;)

• 4 months later...

I'd prob go read a book or wickipedia and learn a little about how an engine works before you try and mod it mate....i know your trying to learn by asking on here but your begging to get punished with questions like that....

granted this is an old post...have you had any luck modding it yet mate?

Edited by reddahaydn