If you are looking for a HU.......

Alfred Q

Recieved a reply from the seller with a picture of the Ipod menu - not from the very same unit but the exact same software etc that's used for other cars.

So they're making improvements, but still got a fair way to go.

not sure about digital tv either, that was an option with the other units ( you had to buy dgital unit seperate ) and with the guys down here the digital areial supplied diddn't work, but digital is touchy on standard tv with our hills.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for pointing that one out DJ. I placed the order Friday for it and it was posted the same day. I'm hoping it gets here before Friday as I really want to install it and review it before I'm off to Europe for 3 weeks from Friday. Fingers crossed. If not I'll have something to take my mind off the post holiday depression sure to follow Christmas in London and New Years in Monaco. Back to the wonderful 40 degree weather in Townsville.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys. On the topic of eBay head units, I came across this one that I would personally think looks promising. The front of it looks completely identical to the Auspack unit, but it seems like it's insides have been given a fresh update. The main one being the higher resolution screen compared to the bulk of the other units out there. Most of the 7 inch screens you find on these things are 480x234. This one here has an LCD screen resolution of 800x480. It also appears to be a better quality TFT screen judging from the richer colours on it. This would mean that it would hold up better in direct sunlight. As well, the interface seems to be really neat and tidy. It even has a built in digital TV tuner. If I didn't already have a head unit, I would be putting some good thought into this one.

HD LCD CAR DVD GPS 2007/08/09 TOYOTA AURION CAMRY DVB-T

DSC09555.jpg

Could someone provide feedback for this unit please.

Could someone provide feedback for this unit please.

I think that someone is going to have to be 'legend_of_lazz' for now. You may need to be patient because he is probably in Europe now and may or may not have fitted his head unit.

• 4 months later...
need to get used to the new GPS software as was used to TomTom.

You could probably get TomTom wince edition. I use TomTom on my phone and love it.

How? If you could provide with step by step instructions - it would be excellent. However, as I have not used the pre-installed one properly yet - so do not know which one is actually better. What do you think? or can we have both?

I also purchased this unit and im just abot to install it. Regarding Tomtom installation, can someone confirm as to what Tomtom version and australia map version this unit (wince 6) will run on? I just want to give tomtom a try to see it it will indeed work.

Thanks