If you are looking for a HU.......

Alfred Q

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a digoptions unit a couple of days ago too :)

Great thread this!

Did you receive your unit yet?

I paid for mine yesterday around 12pm but I am still yet to get any communication from them.. I was hoping to get the unit by Thursday or Friday.

Great thread this!

I paid for mine yesterday around 12pm but I am still yet to get any communication from them.. I was hoping to get the unit by Thursday or Friday.

I paid for mine via ebay last Thursday, around 9am.

The only communication I have been receiving from them are responses to some of my questions. I remember reading somewhere that it can take them up to 4 business days to ship it.

I dont think they have shipped mine yet because I'm guessing they would have told me if they did.

The only communication I have been receiving from them are responses to some of my questions. I remember reading somewhere that it can take them up to 4 business days to ship it.

I dont think they have shipped mine yet because I'm guessing they would have told me if they did.

Damn, I am too impatient..

Great thread this!

Hey guys, Matt from Digoptions here. This is my first post on this forum so be gentle. Usually we get units off within 2 business days. If it ever exceeds the 4 business days we will in every instance express post it at our cost. If you would like to receive your unit by this Thursday please email me at digoptions@gmail.com and I can express it to you. I will be sending Camry/Aurion units off tomorrow.

Thanks again for your support,

Matt

I received the unit and I am enjoying it. I will give a more comprehensive review after the weekend.

I would really like to make some custom skins and after some tinkering I have figured out how to get into Windows Explorer but I cant find any image files that could possibly be skins.

To get into Windows Explorer (Desktop) you need to edit a text file on the SD card called Navi.ini

The first line will read PATH=\igo8 australia pna version with r15 map\igo8\igo8.exe

You want it to say PATH=\..\windows\explorer.exe

My biggest problem is the Chinese language. I think there are hidden files and folders containing the dash software.

One other issue, it irritates me how the music stops playing while in GPS mode when voice directions are said. Is it possible to change that? I want the music to keep playing and the voice to play over the music....

I received the unit and I am enjoying it. I will give a more comprehensive review after the weekend.

I would really like to make some custom skins and after some tinkering I have figured out how to get into Windows Explorer but I cant find any image files that could possibly be skins.

To get into Windows Explorer (Desktop) you need to edit a text file on the SD card called Navi.ini

The first line will read PATH=\igo8 australia pna version with r15 map\igo8\igo8.exe

You want it to say PATH=\..\windows\explorer.exe

I better receive mine today. I ordered it 3 days before you!

Good work in figuring out how to get to the desktop. I was actually going to try and write my own apps. Havn't really done any programming for WinCE so it should be interesting.

One other issue, it irritates me how the music stops playing while in GPS mode when voice directions are said. Is it possible to change that? I want the music to keep playing and the voice to play over the music....

I think I read somewhere that there is a checkbox you have to tick in one of the menus.

I know exactly what you are thinking and I hate to tell you, but the way you are heading is not going to work.

The thing you need to remember is that these units are a 'dual zone' unit. You have the head unit interface (for radio, CD player, etc), then you have the WinCE interface for the purpose of the navigation side of things. The way to see it is like a computer running a Virtual Machine. So essentially, when you turn your head unit on, it runs on the head unit side which can not be modified with ease. Then when you open up the navigation software, it loads WinCE on top of the head unit interface.

There is no point really on modifying the WinCE side of things because once you open the navigation software, that is what you see. So you're better off modifying the navigation software interface.

If you want to modify the head unit side of things, you need to work a bit deeper. This is what the Auspack style units use, the Digoptions one would be something similar:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=323333

Unfortunately this is due to that 'dual zone' thing. It's from the way the two interfaces communicate with each other. If you are advanced in IT, this would be something that could be explored. Otherwise, an alternative would be to have a music player running in WinCE with the Navigation software running as well. This could make the voice play over the music... but getting the WinCE interface to manage your music is easier said than done. Once again, another skilled IT job.

I know exactly what you are thinking and I hate to tell you, but the way you are heading is not going to work.

The thing you need to remember is that these units are a 'dual zone' unit. You have the head unit interface (for radio, CD player, etc), then you have the WinCE interface for the purpose of the navigation side of things. The way to see it is like a computer running a Virtual Machine. So essentially, when you turn your head unit on, it runs on the head unit side which can not be modified with ease. Then when you open up the navigation software, it loads WinCE on top of the head unit interface.

There is no point really on modifying the WinCE side of things because once you open the navigation software, that is what you see. So you're better off modifying the navigation software interface.

If you want to modify the head unit side of things, you need to work a bit deeper. This is what the Auspack style units use, the Digoptions one would be something similar:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=323333

Unfortunately this is due to that 'dual zone' thing. It's from the way the two interfaces communicate with each other. If you are advanced in IT, this would be something that could be explored. Otherwise, an alternative would be to have a music player running in WinCE with the Navigation software running as well. This could make the voice play over the music... but getting the WinCE interface to manage your music is easier said than done. Once again, another skilled IT job.

Ok thanks for that.. I get exactly what you mean. and thats explains why the DVD drive and USB connection are not accessible from within WINCE.

I thought it was much like an xbox in that the dash was just another application.. Man, if I knew this before hand I would have made a carputer instead.. Oh well, its still a good unit.

Man, if I knew this before hand I would have made a carputer instead.. Oh well, its still a good unit.

Yeah, same here. I figured if this unit breaks, I'm going to gut it out and build a mini Mac into it.

Man, if I knew this before hand I would have made a carputer instead.. Oh well, its still a good unit.

Yeah, same here. I figured if this unit breaks, I'm going to gut it out and build a mini Mac into it.

That would be sick. I've seen a few on the net that look awesome.. I would probably do a Linux based one.

Do you find your self cruising with the GPS always on screen. I have a feeling I will be having the GPS on 24/7 with the music in the background just becasue the GPS interface looks so much nicer. The music interface looks exactly the same as a very cheap portable dvd player I own.

That would be sick. I've seen a few on the net that look awesome.. I would probably do a Linux based one.

Do you find your self cruising with the GPS always on screen. I have a feeling I will be having the GPS on 24/7 with the music in the background just becasue the GPS interface looks so much nicer. The music interface looks exactly the same as a very cheap portable dvd player I own.

Can anyone who has installed one of these units tell me whether the brightness of the panel at night is any less intense than the factory unit.

guys this unit just got posted in another thread

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Advanced-DVD-GPS-Na...#ht_25715wt_971

Very nice looking unit, seems closely based off the factory GPS. If it works in a similar manner function wise then this unit is a true winner out of everything offered so far.

post-13080-1255046820_thumb.jpg

It does look more refined but the big fan on the back is a huge no no for me. I know these fans usually fail within 2 years because of heat and other factors. The fact that the screen moves is also a no no... Moving parts are never a good thing when you are buying Chinese knock offs.

The interface looks clean but it is still based on the same back end as all the other cheap units.

how can you tell? the IPOD interface is completely different for one and actually matches. If you're talking about the DVD player screen, I know my last Alpine unit used a similiar interface for browsing movies etc so it's probably more of a global thing than just based on cheap programs.

I think the best way would be to find how the GPS works, whether it's like the factory and always running, or whether it loads up like another program (IGO, tom tom etc)

Edit

Right I see the USB interface is still the same, and spelling is pretty bad of basic words. And I just noticed when the screen opens in one of the first pics something about a GPS path, so all in all you're probably right. However it's still a step in the right direction, people constantly trying to create a better unit for the ol Aurion.

Edited by Steven

Just ordered mine (Waiting for payment details)

Have to say dealing with Matt is brilliant, can't wait to get my hands on the unit as this has been on my list of things to do since I found out the Auspak units existed and these seem even better.

Just ordered mine (Waiting for payment details)

Have to say dealing with Matt is brilliant, can't wait to get my hands on the unit as this has been on my list of things to do since I found out the Auspak units existed and these seem even better.

Hi Wulfkind!

Great to see that this topic was of interest to quit a lot of people!

I am still very pleased with this unit!

I was looking into some of the "Carputer" option as dicussed in this thread and even though they seem to be some great units out there they all seem to be very expensive. Looks like from a "Benefit vs Cost" point of view this is still a solid purchase.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have!

Kind Regards

Alfred

Any one else with the Dig_options unit having problems with the Bluetooth?

I have emailed dig_options with this:

Hello,

I am having issues with the bluetooth of this unit. When I make a call out bound it works fine. But when I receive a call inbound I can not hear anyone (this happens on 4 different phones I have tried all different makes and models). Also, after hanging up from an inbound call then some of the buttons on the unit do not respond.

The only way to get functionality back is to switch the unit off then back on again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Has anyone installed TomTom on these units and got it to run ---- and how was it done

Can I ask why you want to use TomTom? IGO8 is better than TomTom.

IGO8 has outdated maps atm tommy has newer maps.

I will post link to file for updated fixed speed cams and redlight cams if people like

AUR30N

Any one else with the Dig_options unit having problems with the Bluetooth?

I have emailed dig_options with this:

Hello,

I am having issues with the bluetooth of this unit. When I make a call out bound it works fine. But when I receive a call inbound I can not hear anyone (this happens on 4 different phones I have tried all different makes and models). Also, after hanging up from an inbound call then some of the buttons on the unit do not respond.

The only way to get functionality back is to switch the unit off then back on again.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff!

Sounds like a faulty unit?! Mine still works perfect incoming or outgoing.

Once on the call all audio stops but the moment the call ends the sounds come back.

Have you had it working previously?

Hope you can get this sorted.

Regards

Alfred