If you are looking for a HU.......

Alfred Q

Hi

I received my unit today (along with the reverse camera) was wondering what is the best place to fix the camera (or if there is only a certain place which is for the camera - pls advice?) also Alfred (as you have the same unit) did you have to drill 2 holes to install the camera?

First look - the unit looks good (slight difference in colour (a little darker than the factory HU) however I dont think it will look that different when installed.

djc - My bad, I saw ur reply very late - well it is exactly the same unit like Alfred's however the ebay add changes the name of the unit to TPO9X1 from TCO9X1 in the middle - I guess "TP" stands for Toyota Prado and "TC" for Toyota Camry / Aurion - hence Matt told that TPO9X1 wont fit.

Did any one else place an order? I am going to get it installed on Sunday. Do I have to tell them something to make it more easy for them - as I will pass on the information that Alfred posted for the reverse camera wiring (just so that no trial and error needed)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a postion to mount the reverse camera between the number plate lights. There is a piece of plastic that is designed to be removed so the camera can be fitted to the inside with just the lens sticks out.

Hi

I received my unit today (along with the reverse camera) was wondering what is the best place to fix the camera (or if there is only a certain place which is for the camera - pls advice?) also Alfred (as you have the same unit) did you have to drill 2 holes to install the camera?

First look - the unit looks good (slight difference in colour (a little darker than the factory HU) however I dont think it will look that different when installed.

djc - My bad, I saw ur reply very late - well it is exactly the same unit like Alfred's however the ebay add changes the name of the unit to TPO9X1 from TCO9X1 in the middle - I guess "TP" stands for Toyota Prado and "TC" for Toyota Camry / Aurion - hence Matt told that TPO9X1 wont fit.

Did any one else place an order? I am going to get it installed on Sunday. Do I have to tell them something to make it more easy for them - as I will pass on the information that Alfred posted for the reverse camera wiring (just so that no trial and error needed)

Hi bij89q!

I take it you ordered the numberplate reversing camera as well?

I only had to drill a whole behind the plate itself to feed the cable through. (I used a grommet and some silikon to waterproof it again)

It installs onto the two screws that hold the number plate. That worked OK but I wanted a "steeper" view towards the ground, so I ended up making 2 aluminiums brackets that went behind the plate (in the same wholes) and I screwed the camera onto the brackets. That worked great for me and if you don't know you can barely notice the brackets....

I havent noticed any colordifference in the HU compared to the silver (but that may have to do with different shadows and angles of light once installed!)

If you have the same camera the wiring guide will work but as you have it done by proffesionals they may have a better way of doing it, if so, please let me know as well!

Just as a side note, to get the I-Pod working consistently I found it helpfull to disconect and reconnect it when I restart (reboot the unit). Do this ONLY if you have difficulty with your i-pod controls (sometimes it doesn not need the reconnect but if it plays up this will reset the Ipod sensor??)

All the best

Alfred

There is a postion to mount the reverse camera between the number plate lights. There is a piece of plastic that is designed to be removed so the camera can be fitted to the inside with just the lens sticks out.

That removable piece only seems to be on the ZR6, Presara, and TRD SL.

this is exactly the review i needed... i was THIS close to buying the Dig Options unit before i saw the Auspack, but i held off on my decision until a review of the Dig Options unit came up. now that there's a few more guys who has it installed, i'm waiting for their detailed feedback on the usability / quality before making my decision.

thanks to the OP!

this is exactly the review i needed... i was THIS close to buying the Dig Options unit before i saw the Auspack, but i held off on my decision until a review of the Dig Options unit came up. now that there's a few more guys who has it installed, i'm waiting for their detailed feedback on the usability / quality before making my decision.

thanks to the OP!

I am glad you found it helpful!

All the best

Alfred

Why dont you have a look at pradopoint.com - there is a whole section on Dig Option's Unit under GPS chat Topic - apparently they have had the unit for quite sometime now - and all seem to be happy with it - I dont see any major changes in the system when compared to Prado - I guess its just the looks to suit each car. Prado's Unit bought from Dig Options would be similar to ours. Also, I have not installed the unit yet - probably tomm - But so far I was happy with the communications from Dig options - and 12 mths wtty.

Hi, I bought one of these from Digioptions as well for my wife's SX6. Matt is very helpful and I found the quality of the unit as others have above. One thing though, I installed the reversing camera in the plastic bootlid trim. I worked out the angle that I wanted the camera on, then used a holesaw at that angle, so that the camera sticks out slightly above the number plate. I bent the bracket then siliconed the bracket to the inside surface of the trim, and ran a sealing bead around the circumference of the camera. Not sure if it's the neatest way to do it, but I'm pretty happy with it and it only required a small hole in the boot itself, to fit the RCA size camera plug. Here's a pic,

post-14505-1250848992.jpg

regards

Andrew

Hi, I bought one of these from Digioptions as well for my wife's SX6. Matt is very helpful and I found the quality of the unit as others have above. One thing though, I installed the reversing camera in the plastic bootlid trim. I worked out the angle that I wanted the camera on, then used a holesaw at that angle, so that the camera sticks out slightly above the number plate. I bent the bracket then siliconed the bracket to the inside surface of the trim, and ran a sealing bead around the circumference of the camera. Not sure if it's the neatest way to do it, but I'm pretty happy with it and it only required a small hole in the boot itself, to fit the RCA size camera plug. Here's a pic,

post-14505-1250848992.jpg

regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew!

That looks realy neat!

If I ever have to replace the camera I may have a closer look the way you did that.

Yes, I did find Matt quit helpful.

Regards

Alfred

Hi

Got my unit installed today - it works perfectly - need to get used to the new GPS software as was used to TomTom. The reverse camera has been installed in exactly the same way Andrew has described. Ipod connectivity is slow - however no issues as it has so many other options (USB). Looks like it was always there. Matt was really helpful and quick in his replies. I highly recommend these units. I was little unhappy with drilling a hole in the car but I guess it was required.

GPS is quite quick in catching the signal. Dvd works perfectly - bluetooth is good.

Hi

Got my unit installed today - it works perfectly - need to get used to the new GPS software as was used to TomTom. The reverse camera has been installed in exactly the same way Andrew has described. Ipod connectivity is slow - however no issues as it has so many other options (USB). Looks like it was always there. Matt was really helpful and quick in his replies. I highly recommend these units. I was little unhappy with drilling a hole in the car but I guess it was required.

GPS is quite quick in catching the signal. Dvd works perfectly - bluetooth is good.

Well done!

All the best

Alfred

need to get used to the new GPS software as was used to TomTom.

You could probably get TomTom wince edition. I use TomTom on my phone and love it.

How? If you could provide with step by step instructions - it would be excellent. However, as I have not used the pre-installed one properly yet - so do not know which one is actually better. What do you think? or can we have both?

need to get used to the new GPS software as was used to TomTom.

You could probably get TomTom wince edition. I use TomTom on my phone and love it.

How? If you could provide with step by step instructions - it would be excellent. However, as I have not used the pre-installed one properly yet - so do not know which one is actually better. What do you think? or can we have both?

Hi there!

I would assume you could simply load the TOM TOM software on another micro card (this unit supports 8GB cards) and simply swap them around.

Make sure you back up all the origeanl data if you want to use the same card (I would simply buy another card just to be on the save side)

Regards

Alfred

Hey

I would test and see if the built in navigation software is good - at the moment i kinda like it as its slightly different. However, I wanted to confirm if your unit has spoken street names - like " 200 meters take a left turn on herbert street" - mine somehow does not call the street names or if there is a setting which in not active at the moment.

Also, there was soemthing I noticed today while coming to office as I had to go through a tunnel (Lane Cove tunnel) the GPS automatically switched to Night Mode (that was intelligent - I guess).

Let me know - thanks!

Did anyone else place the order.

Hi guys,

Just in case you're interested, I've also installed this unit in my Camry Sportivo, with the appropriate writeup here:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=23340

Happy to answer questions and provide specific feedback as required. :)

Overall, even though I've hardly seen my car since I installed it, I've enjoyed using it. The IGO8 software does take a little getting used to, but it's not too bad once you get the hang of it. As has been mentioned, the GPS signal acquisition is very quick, and the sound is definately "better" than the stock head unit.

I've installed the rear vision camera, but mine's a rather crude job with a single screw attaching the camera to the boot. The camera sticks out a bit, but is only really noticeable when you're looking for it. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet because I've still got to run a cable from the head unit to the reverse light power supply, so will provide an update when that's done.

I've tested it using TomTom, which runs fine. Basically stuck it on a SD card, whacked it in, ran it from the OS, and off you go.

And yeah, Matt from DIG Options is great with the customer service. Very happy indeed.

My GPS battery icon shows only 1 indicator - is it normal?

Yes that is normal. The software is made to run on portable navigation units which have battery level monitoring circuits within. Since the car head unit doesn't really have that function, the software reads it as a flat battery.

My GPS battery icon shows only 1 indicator - is it normal?

Yes that is normal. The software is made to run on portable navigation units which have battery level monitoring circuits within. Since the car head unit doesn't really have that function, the software reads it as a flat battery.

Hi DJKOR

I got this link from another topic (posted by you)

I was wondering if I copy the entire content of the link below into a new sd card - would it work if i just plug it in to the unit just like the original one which come with the unit. I wanted to upgrade as I guess my unit has IGO89 as of 04/08.

The link to update the IGO8

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agc27ha/n/Auspacks_zip

I am not that tech savy hence dont want to damage the original sd card or corrupt it (as they say). Please let me know if I can make a new sd card with the latest IGO8 with maps in it which will work just like the one sent by Dig options.

Thanks! hope I made sense

Hi all,

I got one of these units from DIG Options the other day and thought I would have a go at installing it myself. Everything is done and working fine except for connecting the last two individual wires… the pink one (parking brake) that if pulled low allows me to watch a DVD and the brown one (reverse) which pulled high switches to the reversing camera input. These are just two short wires hanging out of the back of the head unit so I guess what I am really trying to ask is where in the Aurion's wiring loom is the intended connection point for these?

Just curious, how responsive are these units? I have to admit, I've been holding off on buying an Auspack/one of these purely because I don't want something where I'll touch the screen and something happens 10 second later.

So hows it perform? I really don't want to be fussing over something sluggish while driving.

Just curious, how responsive are these units? I have to admit, I've been holding off on buying an Auspack/one of these purely because I don't want something where I'll touch the screen and something happens 10 second later.

So hows it perform? I really don't want to be fussing over something sluggish while driving.

Hi

Its really a great unit for the price. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and its going good. have not had any problems with it. The touch screen is good or if you wanna call it responsive - I dint realise any delays in the functioning of the unit. USB drive is the qickest one to pick up data after the radio.

if you go buy the unit - Susan's voice is text to speech (TTS) i.e. it says street names. It took some time for me to get it. However, if i look back it was common sense - it says TTS next to her name from where one can select different voices. (duh)

DJKOR - mate, I tried to update the software from the link - but it did not run on the GPS - I tried everything (in my capacity) I even bought a new card - it reads it but does not automatically act like the original one. The original SD car shows 2 folders (GPS LOG and R15 maps for PNA - this has iGo8 folder in it and other data) Let me know what else can i do.

DJKOR - mate, I tried to update the software from the link - but it did not run on the GPS - I tried everything (in my capacity) I even bought a new card - it reads it but does not automatically act like the original one. The original SD car shows 2 folders (GPS LOG and R15 maps for PNA - this has iGo8 folder in it and other data) Let me know what else can i do.

The iGO8 update that I have provided has had it's 'sys.txt' file in the root directory is configured for the Auspack units. You need to find what your head unit refers to the SD card as. For example, the Auspack unit refers to the SD card as "StorageCard". As a result, the sys.txt file contains the following line:

[folders]

app="StorageCard/iGO8"

Chances are your head unit does not refer to it the same. If so, you need to change "StorageCard" to whatever it uses.