If you are looking for a HU.......

Alfred Q

Hi Guys!

I just thought I let you know about this HU I found on e-bay!

It is from DIG Options!

It cost me A$ 625.00 including Number Plate Camera

(TV Aerial Not included)

It works great (It seems not to suffer from the pauses that DJKOR noticed on his.

It runs IGO8

DVD loks nice

Support was great

Interface looks nice (Except I-Pod which is functional but not great- update is coming though)

I am not associated with these guys at all.

If you are looking for a well priced unit with good service, I can HIGHLY recommend them!

Here are some pictures!

I hope this MINI report is of assistance to someone!

Kind Regards and God bless

Alfred

post-14487-1249771203_thumb.jpg

post-14487-1249771255_thumb.jpg

post-14487-1249771266_thumb.jpg

post-14487-1249771296_thumb.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey wow that is a much nicer interface than the Auspack unit, however we will see in a couple of months if the quality is any good, although for that price i wouldnt be complaining.. If i hadnt bought the AVN-6000 2 months ago this would definitely have been a strong contender for me.

looks good matee,did you install yourself and if so how long did it take you,i have been looking at these units myself so will be interesting to see how they go in time.

also is it all pre-wired to the original loom in the aurion or did you have to cut any wires

thanks and cheers corey

looks good matee,did you install yourself and if so how long did it take you,i have been looking at these units myself so will be interesting to see how they go in time.

also is it all pre-wired to the original loom in the aurion or did you have to cut any wires

thanks and cheers corey

I dont own one of these so dont take my word for it, but usually these types of "OEM" headunits are juts plug and play, meaning you connect it to your original loom and you will keep your steering wheel controls, unlike most aftermarket head units

thanks and cheers corey

Hi Corey!

The unit itself is very "easy" to install thanks to DJKOR (Daryl's) great tutorials and picture guides!

The hardest part was the installation of the reversing camera as that involves running wires all the way back to the boot.

The unit took me about 45 minutes to install the camera and wires about 2 Hours!

The wiring is pretty much "Plug and Play"otherwise.

All the best

Alfred!

thanks and cheers corey

I dont own one of these so dont take my word for it, but usually these types of "OEM" headunits are juts plug and play, meaning you connect it to your original loom and you will keep your steering wheel controls, unlike most aftermarket head units

Hi djc!

Yes, you are quit correct! I am not too advanced in electronics (I am a Chef by trade) and I had no difficulties after some "trials and errors" OK I blew a fuse...).

Concerning your previous post concerning warranty, they do offer a 12 month warranty on that unit. Which makes me feel pretty confident that it should be a solid unit!

All the best

Alfred

thanks and cheers corey

Hi Corey!

The unit itself is very "easy" to install thanks to DJKOR (Daryl's) great tutorials and picture guides!

The hardest part was the installation of the reversing camera as that involves running wires all the way back to the boot.

The unit took me about 45 minutes to install the camera and wires about 2 Hours!

The wiring is pretty much "Plug and Play"otherwise.

All the best

Alfred!

thank you Alfred-very much appreciated

That looks great! I wanted one for my Aurion ATX - wondering if any modifications to the original setting voids the warranty - as I have bought my New Aurion 6 months ago. And do you know who could install it for me. I have seen few posts on DIY but rather get someone fit it professionally rather than I trying or testing on it.

That looks great! I wanted one for my Aurion ATX - wondering if any modifications to the original setting voids the warranty - as I have bought my New Aurion 6 months ago. And do you know who could install it for me. I have seen few posts on DIY but rather get someone fit it professionally rather than I trying or testing on it.

In regards to warranty, you will not void warranty of your car, although you will more than likely void your warranty if the installation of the headunit is a direct cause of a malfunction, ie, if you manage to damage a component of your car during the removal process of the trim, or if it short circuits and something goes astray in your dash.

Installation-wise you're best off posting your location so maybe someone will give you a hand during a meet, but if you truly want to pay around $250 to a professional car place to do it for you someone will probably suggest a place for you. Although with this type of unit, it should have a socket that fits the Toyota harness directly so it is a matter of plugging it in then choosing a suitable mount point for your antenna. The reverse camera will be tricky though and you can ensure that the professionals will be charging you a LOT extra for that.

Hope that helps, good luck with it :)

Thanks djc!

My bad! I should have put the location - anyways I am in sydney (west) - also will the Toyota dealers install it? as in that case they know what they are doing - I have to go for the 1st service tomm.

Thanks

Thanks djc!

My bad! I should have put the location - anyways I am in sydney (west) - also will the Toyota dealers install it? as in that case they know what they are doing - I have to go for the 1st service tomm.

Thanks

I highly doubt a toyo dealer would go any where near it.

Yeh that's about right. Toyota will just try and sell you their unit, which is anywhere upwards of at least 2-3 times the price of the eBay unit. If you're out west I can highly recommend LifeStyle store. They are located at The Junction (2 Windsor Road, Northmead/North Paramatta). If you go speak to them there they will direct you to their workshop at Barney St. They will try charging you around $230 or so, but you can most likely talk it down I'm guessing, just let them know there's no wiring that needs to be done and they will probably let you have a cheaper price.

I am actually in Cairns FNQ, a long way from where you are, else I would have been happy to assist you!

If you do not need a camera at this point you really have no need to get someone to do it for you as it is really just a matter of taking this unit out and putting the other one in, done!

Just follow DJKOR's excellent guide and your are on a winner!

I also installed reversing sensors which work great in combination with the reversing camera and are also very easy to install and you would not have to run cables to the HU (even though you obviously would not have the camera). I found the sensors on their own are doing a great job by themselsves of giving you awareness when reverse parking.

I hope you have fun putting it in or hope you will find someone reasonable to do it for you (a professional would have it fitted in a few minutes without camera.

Regards

Alfred

P.S: What a great bunch of people in that forum.

Thanks!

I checked Lifestyle store's website they have some pictures as well (their previous work) - well if they install the entire unit (including TV,Camera etc) and charge around $200-$250 I will give it a shot. I was thinking of ordering the whole set once and for all - $120 extra for TV antena and night vision camera $50/. what do you think?

Thanks! DJC and Alfred

Thanks!

I checked Lifestyle store's website they have some pictures as well (their previous work) - well if they install the entire unit (including TV,Camera etc) and charge around $200-$250 I will give it a shot. I was thinking of ordering the whole set once and for all - $120 extra for TV antena and night vision camera $50/. what do you think?

Thanks! DJC and Alfred

I think you are still saving a lot of money that way!

If you go for the DIG Option unit, ask for Matt or Donna and they willg et you on the way!

Let us know how you go and all the best

Alfred

Hi Alfred,

I just wanted to confirm if the unit comes with everything - because I called some places and they were asking if I have the facia along with it. I guess from the picture you have posted it comes with a look alike Aurion facia kit and I would not have to buy anything else - just take the unit to the store and they can get it fixed.

Thanks!

I just wanted to confirm if the unit comes with everything - because I called some places and they were asking if I have the facia along with it. I guess from the picture you have posted it comes with a look alike Aurion facia kit and I would not have to buy anything else - just take the unit to the store and they can get it fixed.

With the unit that Alfred has posted, the fascia is PART of the head unit. There is no need to buy a fascia kit as you would with a standard double DIN unit.

With the unit that Alfred has posted, the fascia is PART of the head unit. There is no need to buy a fascia kit as you would with a standard double DIN unit.

Hi Darryl!

Thanks for jumping in and helping out (as always)!

Yes, that is right, the ONLY thing I added to my purchase was the Reversing sensor ( I used the 4 sensor set up) as well as the reversing camera. I did not purchase the HD TV set up (maybe later but at this point it is not important to me)

As DJKOR said, the fascia is part of the unit!

Regards and all the best

Alfred

Hi

I sent an email to Matt at DIG OPTIONS and asked if this unit was suitable for my Aurion ATX 08 - he said this one is not but he has one which is and around the same price as yours. I hope it fits and the GPS software and other functionalities are good enough - at the moment I have TomTom GPS which is quite good.

Let me know how is your GPS software and other functionalities.

Hi

I sent an email to Matt at DIG OPTIONS and asked if this unit was suitable for my Aurion ATX 08 - he said this one is not but he has one which is and around the same price as yours. I hope it fits and the GPS software and other functionalities are good enough - at the moment I have TomTom GPS which is quite good.

Let me know how is your GPS software and other functionalities.

Hi!

Yes, strange but hey...if he has one he can gurantee even better. Software is IGO8. It works great and if you look around on the net you will find lots of ways how you can make it even better with upgrades and skins available (even though the default one is very good anyway)

All functions as advertised, it looks and sounds quit good.

I am very happy and feel very much I have gotten value for money!

All the best adn keep us posted!

Alfred

Hey, I just placed an order - now its wait and watch - how many days do u rekon it will take - also I called at some places for installation - one of my mate recommened Platinum car radio and interiors (Rydalmere) - he got some work done by them - said was pretty happy and just looks like factory fitted. I enquired about the price the guy quoted around $120-$150 for the Unit and $120 for the reverse camera.

I just hope it works.

Will update with new information.

Hey, I just placed an order - now its wait and watch - how many days do u rekon it will take - also I called at some places for installation - one of my mate recommened Platinum car radio and interiors (Rydalmere) - he got some work done by them - said was pretty happy and just looks like factory fitted. I enquired about the price the guy quoted around $120-$150 for the Unit and $120 for the reverse camera.

I just hope it works.

Will update with new information.

Hi!

Mine took about 3 working days!

Sounds like a reasonable amount!

For my Plate camera I found this works (may be this brand only that was a bit tricky)

In case it helps you though, here it is...

It is all working!

In case you need to know for future reverence it goes like this.

Yellow RCA cable from the camera goes to RED CCDAVIN on Head unit

The The Adapter with the 2 blank wires goes into the RED Camera Plug.

the black wire with the white lines goes to the revering light 12 v cable.

The black cable can be ignored (i simply chopped it off)

It took me a while but this works.....by the way there seems to be NO Internet Guides (that I found) for installing a camera with thsi wiring.

There may be a better way but until we find it, this works!

Yes, please keep us posted!

Alfred