Any football fans/supporters here?

¥uri

C Ron can do dive all he can with Real now...

Its only one match but against Birmingham we do lack some flair and someone who has the skills to run at defenders but Rooney was pretty lethal with the chances he had throughout the game...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, its not ideal to have your two best defenders out injured this early on. Man U will have to give their younger players some first team experience now. Part of the game, i guess :rolleyes:

But in saying that, they also seem to have lost that usual attacking sense in front of goal, i mean the back of the net, these last two matches....Could this be a sign of things to come?

Also, can anyone see Fergie sign anybody else to add to the already aging squad? 38y/o Sol Campbell, perhaps? LoL

Less than two weeks to go until transfer window closes. There's almost always a last minute surprise to be had, can't wait who that'll be and which team...

edit: fantasy football action begins this weekend, be sure to sign up ppl =)

Oh look the Kop scumbags lost 2-1!

And I've been a United supporter since before the class of '92 emerged. So none of that 'Oh look another fella jumping on the red devil band wagon'

The scousers must be really disappointed right now...

and i quote: ''... Oh look! "

Burnley 1

Manchester Utd 0

Where you at now 'Jaaassseeee' ? :D

Can't wait to see your team play Ar$enal then Tottenham in a couple weeks time mate!!!

No excuses about injuries either

.. YNWA ..

haha manure 1 loss GG they are out of the title race!

Wait until Torres or Gerrard are injured...then it will be all downhill for you Lol ( I can sense that you are a liverpool supporter ...lol)

Good match last night........their attacking players are now finding their feet (another pun intended)

I'm abit worried in midfield tho, one of my all time fave players, Paul `ginga ninja' Scholes, can't play every single game this season........

who will be the alternate playmaker???.......O'shea :blink:

And is it just me, or do Man Utd play better when Giggs isn't on the pitch, for the most part, in the last couple of years...... 1 or 2 good games a season, if that, is all his good for now i reckon......

One of the greats to ever play, but you can't go on for ever. I still let him off at times, just because of that FA cup goal againts the `g00ners, absolute magic that was

we should try and predict scores before matches too, similar to how the other guys on the forum have an `F1 challenge thingy-ma-jig

my two cents worth for the week

^^that will be an epic battle even this close to the begining of the season, thing that worries me about man u is how many ageing players they have, it will be intresting to see what happens with there squad in the next 2-3 seasons regarding the replaceing of these players.......

^^that will be an epic battle even this close to the begining of the season, thing that worries me about man u is how many ageing players they have, it will be intresting to see what happens with there squad in the next 2-3 seasons regarding the replaceing of these players.......

Macheda, Gibson, Welbeck, Tozzi, Rafael, Fabio, Obertan...

No young players???

what he met was no young players who can make Scholes retire :P

those players you mention would walk into most EPL starting 11 outside the top 5 but not out and out top 5 starting 11 material at least not yet... :P

what he met was no young players who can make Scholes retire :P

:D :D its something that all top sides face, do you go all out and invest and trust the youngsters coming up or not... its a double edged sword.

man u have a had quite a few young players come thru, but have had little impact... apart from *cough super ron*

C Ron is a one off as we all know...

He and Rooney were one of the best buys SAF had but both didnt come cheap with Rooney more expensive coz he is english... eg Darren Bent for 20 mil... :o

Scholes is pretty unique player himself but there are several potential players who can replace him on a limited basis thats...

Carrick - who has the vision and class but lacks the consistency and perhaps fire, more like a Pirlo/ Alonso type player though

Park - he will hound you all day, everyday and every second until you give up the ball, a very smart squad player...

Fletcher - he is a more of a do it all central midfielder than a out and out AM, he will give you a big of everything which Scholes cant do such as tackling... :P

Anderson - he is better than Scholes with his athleticism and stamina but lacks everything else from what i see atm such as vision and killer passes, he probably be better givin more of the ball this season as C Ron is not around to dominate the ball, still yet to score for Man Utd in the elite comp level outside preseason games...

Gibson - apart that he inherited Scholes long range big shot cant see he is any where kissing Scholes heels, but who knows he might give Anderson a run for his money this season...

Possibon - still young and loaned out to somewhere atm so he wont be doing much with Man Utd this season...

haha manure 1 loss GG they are out of the title race!

Wait until Torres or Gerrard are injured...then it will be all downhill for you Lol ( I can sense that you are a liverpool supporter ...lol)

haha you're wrong boy, my team scored 4 against pompey last nite :P

I'm shocked with that scoreline. Games against Aston Villa are always very close and are won or lost by a 1 goal deficit, mostly in injury time too.

L'pool have now lost the equal amount of games as last season, Already!! (as Rusty Bucket pointed out) ... I just hope they win against top4 teams and not draw as many matches.

Looking forward to Man Utd v Ar$enal this weekend, should be a good game

Yeah bad...even though I am a man utd supporter I reckon it will be hard to beat Ar$enal because they are in form! =-l

Btw we need more members to join our fantasy league!!! :-D