camry and aurion

addy287

hey guys

a completely random question out of the blue. my friend has an accord euro manual which he is modding, he seems to be able to get alot of parts from dc5 integras etc etc.

was wondering if it was a similar story i got a 1mz-fe are there any aurion parts that can cross over? eg intake manifold or exhaust headers etc etc

thanx for taking the time to read :)

A good question, however the engines are from two different family tree's from what i understand. The M blocks and G Blocks are completely different not to mention i dont think the 1MZ is VVT? Someone correct me if i am wrong but from what i understand there are no interchangeable parts directly from one engine to the other. I do however think that some of the suspension and brakes are possibly interchangeable? Anyone know?

engine wise, the only similar things between the 2 is that they both go broom.

suspension/brake wise, parts are only interchangable between the mcv36 and gsv40. eg, the brakes are carryover.

Hey,

a lot of the suspension components would be swappable. I know when you order third party parts, they usually list the same part number for both the aurion and camry.

ie. Pedders springs, coilovers etc

Hey,

a lot of the suspension components would be swappable. I know when you order third party parts, they usually list the same part number for both the aurion and camry.

ie. Pedders springs, coilovers etc

yea i was more after engine parts. like TB, manifold etc

The MZ family of engines was first used in the early '90s so its design is now 15-20 years old. Toyota has moved on and is now using the newer GR engine family which has euro IV emission compliance, dual VVTi and direct injection on Lexus models.

The euro and DC5 tegs both run the K-series engine, and I know suspension was interchangable between the DC5 and the ES civics as they were produced at roughly the same time so I can understand the reasons for the similarities. But the aurion and camry run different engines, so no luck there.

These days your lucky if at all your can interchange parts as most manufacturers whilst keeping cost down share major parts such as chassis and panels engines etc only. Its not like the good old days where if you had a busted corolla you could source from corona, celica, sprinter, etc. Very few manufacturers these days have new cars with parts than can be "swapped" in fact i understand they go to lengths to make it harder so that you end up with genuine parts more often getting them more profit.

Its a pain but really your better off getting the right parts for the right car. Or aftermarket parts specifically designed for your vehicle. Better result all around in my opinion.

Or if you have money to burn find a fabricator if you spend enough you can get just about anything made these days.

I work for an aluminium company and firms like sprintex actually buy billet off us to manufacture plenums, manifolds, intercooler brackets, even supercharger body's. But as i said its all money buddy.

To quote an old saying if its got t*ts or tyres its gonna cost you!!!