Aurion ZR6 Headlights

banksy

We have just taken delivery of an Aurion ZR6 and are rapt in my our new baby but the cut-off line of the lowbeam headlights is driving my wife insane as the line is at her eye-level when driving. I have had the lights raised but this hasn't made any difference. As we live in the outback and have VERY dark roads, the cutoff line is very definite and a big distraction for her. Can the projector beam be adjusted to make the line more diffused and less distinct?

Would changing the lights make a difference?

If adjusting the headligh beam upwards does not help you out, there isn't much else you can do without hacking open the headlights and modifying the cutoff shield. That's just the design of projector headlights. In the meantime, just position the seat higher for her :lol: Surely that can bring her eye level higher than the cutoff.

Thanks for your messages of sympathy and help. Unfortunately she already has the drivers seat up as high as it will go.

She will have to persevere.

I am finding the threads here very helpful and will continue reading and hope to be able to start contributing myself.

foggies wouldnt help they only lit the curb area as they intend to do...

OP needs either upgrade his highbeam to HID or spot lights if he is living in the rural areas, i myself changed my high beam to HID and was extremely useful coming down from Lamington NP during the night... :D

Fog lights scatter so they may help diffuse the cutoff of the normal headlights.

Fog lights (being lowly mounted) does light up curb area but it also scatters and light up overhead trees.

Try it on a residental street with big bushy overhead trees and observe.

They light them up better than normal headlights lol.

The foglights dont make much of a difference on dark country roads I have noticed, and mine have been upgrade to brighter bulbs. It still is hard to see, especially travelling at the 100kph speed limit most country roads have, only high beams make any difference.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread.

Has anyone installed HID Driving lights on an extra light bar mounted at the front license plate position?

eg

http://www.dnaoffroad.com.au/products.php?product=Unibar-light-mount

http://www.dnaoffroad.com.au/products.php?product=140mm-HID-twin-pack-35W-remote-gear-5000K

Wondering how effective they might be.

Gosh thats expensive...

you better off either...

1. Upgrade your high beams to 55watt HIDs that will be your pencil beam whichI did ($150 or so dollar excerise and give 1/2 day to take off the bumper to wire up the HIDs...
    or
  2. Buy a unibar, Lightforce Lance 140 and upgrade/mod it with 35w HID kit with a bit of research....

http://www.ultimate4wdequipment.com.au/d23-22/lightforce-140-lance/

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110914

hope you will find your answer soon... B)