Pirelli P7, Potenza Adrenlin or others?

tekkyy

Have to replace the front tyres like now. The stock Dulop 300E Hit the indcators after 14,000km.

2008 Aurion Touring. 215/60R16.

Called Tempe Tyres (I work like next door) and they weren't excited about selling Michelin Energy MXV8.

They mentioend Pirelli P7 for $150.

I recall many recommendations for Pontenza Adrenlin and called back and they gave me $180.

I am more interested in ride and noise.

Hows Adrenlin in the wet? Do I recall DKJOR saying they loose wet traction quicker (as it wears) than his stock Michelin MXV8?

Compare to Dunlop Adrenalin gives a little bit less traction in wet. But they are wider(225), so you can accelerate from lights much better in wet on the other side. normally i drive pretty lazy, except mountain runs on weekend, i have mine for ~20K now. Adrenalins still good. I changed my dunlops after 35K and they were almost no treat left(almost slicks in front).

Go the Potenza.

I havn't used them yet. I have NSII's but I will replace them with Potenza's.

I did some quick research on both sites and I believe Potenza has better build quality.

But if you want something cheaper maybe try the XenonZ7

Has anyone used these before?

I highly recommend the Potenza if you are the person that likes to give your car a bit of a hard push now and again. The amount of grip it provides is quite good given the affordability of the tire. As you remembered though, I did say they don't grip so well in the wet as they wear down. In my opinion, they don't grip so great in the wet when fresh either, but this is in comparison to an all season tire. It is one of the trade-offs of having a good performance tire.

Got the Adrenalin! Bridgestone Campsie had "4 left" at $155 so I went for it.

Ah you got 35,000km from the Dunlop. Hehe I want to replace when it hits the indicators.

I got the stock Michelin Vivacy on our Camry to go bold after 55,000km though lol.

Not sure why I only got 14,000km on the Dunlop. The only "harsh" thing I did was a drive through the hills Georges Downes Drive and stuff (instead of F3) from Hunter Valley to Sydney.

I just get stock size 215 not 225.

But yeah it might indeed be a little wider though due to shape.

Michelin Energy MXV8 looked rounder than Kumho Solus KH15 on our Camry (205/60R16).

Dunlop Sport 300E looked rounder than Bridgestone Adrenalin on our Aurion (215/60R16).

The latter two seems more rectangular if you know what I mean.

Ok so both of you found Adrenalin to have less wet traction than the stock Dunlop.

No I don't really push the car. So maybe its a weird choice for me. Will see how it goes I guess.

It does feel a little more quiet but might be my imagination. I only changed two tyres so hard to tell.

Got there like 16:55 and they were shutting down. I just asked what time do they open tmw (8am) but the guy did it for me anyway. Its great.

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin 215/60R16

dscf4911p.jpg

Dunlop Sport 300E 215/60R16 (rear tyre, hope they last til 20,000km)

dscf4916.jpg

The thread on the Adrenalin seems really deep. But maybe the straight tread pattern is not as good in the wet. Don't know how tread patterns work. Another recall (hehe) was DJKOR feeling confident with the Adrenalin's pattern.

Not sure if you can tell what I mean but by the Dunlop being more round and maybe less contact from these photos. The Dunlop had NXT tyre shine from a month ago. The Bridgestone was wiped with a damp cloth.

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin 215/60R16

dscf4926l.jpg

Dunlop Sport 300E 215/60R16

dscf4924.jpg

Edited by tekkyy

You are correct in that the Adrenalin seems a bit wider than the tires you had before. That was one of the first things I noticed when I got home:

When I changed to the Adrenalin, I could swear the tire looked much larger than the Michelin Energy MXV8 that I had on before hand...

dsc03334gi7.th.jpg

dsc03336ur6.th.jpg
dsc03338ou6.th.jpg

It does feel a little more quiet but might be my imagination.

I found the Adrenalin more quiet than the Michelin Energy MXV8 which was already quiet as it is.

The thread on the Adrenalin seems really deep. But maybe the straight tread pattern is not as good in the wet. Don't know how tread patterns work.

Wet weather performance comes down to how the channels in the tread are made. Parts of the Adrenalin tires are semi-slick which don't help so well with expelling water. They do help with dry grip though.

Another recall (hehe) was DJKOR feeling confident with the Adrenalin's pattern.

Very confident for the price you can pick them up for.