how many K's is too many

anferne

Hi, I own a 03 corolla it has 70k on the clock which im quite happy with

i just started travelling 650 K's a week. So it looks like il clock up 30,000 a year!

when does a corolla engine start to deteriate? 150, 170 ?

DO you plan on keeping it serviced? If so the sky is the limit. No reason why you cant get 300k out of a corolla if not more. CAI's will reduce your engine life as the allow more dust ect into the combustion chamber by nature even with a good filter. 150k and the engine is only just getting worn in :P

My corolla has done 287,000 k's and it'll probably go quite a lot more. just keep your car serviced regularly and keep your oil and such topped up as frequently as possible and it'll go for a fair trek past 150,000 k's.

Peace

i just started travelling 650 K's a week. So it looks like il clock up 30,000 a year!

I sure hope not LOL ;)

As of this morning mine ('03 Sportivo) has 163ks, and spends a little time in lift most days. Blows no smoke, sounds and runs perfect.

There's no secrets to mechanical longevity - I warm it up in the morning beofre I start it after leaving it overnight for a few minutes and take it easy for probably the first five kays when I do start driving first thing in the morning.

Regular servicing and mechanical sympathy go a long way to keeping a car running well. I never miss a service, and although I make a point of driving the car as intended I wouldn't say I thrash it. I am still on the original clutch!

I don't think I have the highest kays on here, but I must go close. Toyota have a deserved reputation for reliability, and my experience supports this. So, you are having to do a few kays - at least you will be in a good car and the kays will be enjoyable. At 650ks per week, you'll only be on one tank of V-Power too ;)

As for how my Sportivo goes with 163,000ks on it? Well, my friend with an '07 Golf GTi will tell you it goes surprisingly well ;)

Enjoy!

DO you plan on keeping it serviced? If so the sky is the limit. No reason why you cant get 300k out of a corolla if not more. CAI's will reduce your engine life as the allow more dust ect into the combustion chamber by nature even with a good filter. 150k and the engine is only just getting worn in :P

"CAI's will reduce your engine life as the allow more dust ect into the combustion chamber by nature even with a good filter."

I am keen to find out how true this line is? anyone got more info

Edited by sik