antenna repairs

JJCRU23R

Gday guys,

It seems as though i may have screwed up my antenna, since I cant get any decent reception on my HD tuner. All ive been able to recieve recently is EXPO (shopping channel), NITV, SBS, Teachers/parliament channels and thats about it (im in sydney). So that means no 2,7,9,10, go, or oneHD... sucks!

What actually happened was that the plug in the wall for the antenna was loose, so much so that the cable was slowly creeping out of the wall. right now it looks as though 40-50cm of cable are coming out of the hole in the wall.

Just wondering if anyone in here would be able know how much I should expect to pay a professional to fix this? id also want to add two more antenna outlets in 2 bedrooms as well..

any useful advice would be much appreciated.

Jase.

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny

gday, im in penrith and lived in a 2 story house, my room was on the bottom and in the corner, no antenna connection, i went to DSE and tried all their portable antennas with amplifiers, none worked for my HD TV.. it sucked cause i just bought it and only thing i could do was watch simpsons on blueray lol, anyways gave jims antenna's a call, charged $100 to run a cable in the roof to the side down the wall and got a plug made up in my room, picture was perfect! then moved out 2 months later :(

i then moved into this house now, no antenna in this room either, so i went to bunnings, bought the cables and sockets and splitters, $60 all up, DIY, picture perfect !!