strut bar for 96 corolla

hey people!! :D

was wondering if its worth spending 110 on a strut bar for my car if its got stock suspension and not lowered

will i notice any better handling?

Edited by Armstrong

hey people!! :D

was wondering if its worth spending 110 on a strut bar for my car if its got stock suspension and not lowered

will i notice any better handling?

You can probably get one a bit cheaper than that, I've seen them go for as little as $50 but it depends on who is selling/wrecking the halfcut.

Chances are you won't notice a difference on stock suspension, but that is just all the more reason to get aftermarket shocks/springs :P

The performance of a strut bar has nothing to do with having the suspension lowered or factory set-up, you usually add a strut bar to reduce body flex and body roll during cornering, so yes, you will notice a difference when you fit one, even with stock suspension. It all depends on how hard you take corners though ;)

I wouldn't buy one of those el' cheapo ones for 50 bucks either, especially the ones that flex around the mounting bases as these will do and achieve nothing and will just sit in your engine bay for show.

I am having one fitted in the Rolla as I noticed great degree of body roll and body flex, especially with the mother in law sitting at the back LOL :)

Am actually thinking of fitting a rolling cage too :lol:

Don't care about anyone else noticing it in my engine bay, as I know it works and worked on all my previous cars.

The performance of a strut bar has nothing to do with having the suspension lowered or factory set-up, you usually add a strut bar to reduce body flex and body roll during cornering, so yes, you will notice a difference when you fit one, even with stock suspension. It all depends on how hard you take corners though ;)

I wouldn't buy one of those el' cheapo ones for 50 bucks either, especially the ones that flex around the mounting bases as these will do and achieve nothing and will just sit in your engine bay for show.

I got negligible difference when I put mine on (stock 3-point from an AE101 Levin), but there was a fair bit of body roll stock both in the suspension and in the lack of bolstering in the driver's seat so it would have been quite easy to not notice it even if it is there. Now that I've got the suspension done the front end as a whole sits a LOT flatter, and I reckon the strut brace has something to do with that.

id get new brakes before getting a swaybar :blink::blink: :P :P

done that :D

the car is ****** me off as i got the tires changed, new tyres on the front, wheels ballanced and aligned, new brake pads and a new brake calibar as i seized one. Once that was all done i had problems with the brakes like the whole car would shake..took it back and noticed that rotars were warped so they got machined.

PROBLEM NOW IS THAT THE ISSUE HAS COME BACK AND THE STEERING WHEEL SHAKES AND RATTLES...I think somethings going to snap in the stearing when i apply my brakes ONLY when going down hill.

so im going to get that checked out again this week cos its deriously something thats never happened before and im not breaking heavily. all im doing is breaking slowly and nicely when going down a slope around 80km/h or 60km/h. And yes its the legal speed so obviously something is seriously wrong again. :(

Edited by Armstrong