Corolla Sportivo Prices

Hey just a question regarding price, It seems like EVERY sportivo is signifigantly above the Redbook price.

Now I know redbook is not always right and some might even think its a joke, but I have found it to be quite accurate on all the other models I'm looking at buying, except the corolla sportivo.

For example redbook suggests that a 2003 Sportivo with 150,000km should have a private price of about $12,400. One with low K's (90,000) for $14,300.

Now I know most of the Stivos on here have mods, and I can definately see u guys trying to get as much money back on them as possible but normally one wouldn't expect to make much money back on the mods installed on a car for sale. And often stock as a rock ones are more than modded ones!

Don't take this is a stab at the prices set by the sellers, it's your car, you set the price, it's just a query as to why it might differ so much to what redbook advises. Maybe this post should be sent to redbook instead!

Dont forget the majority of people on this forum are car enthusiasts and absolutely love their car, which means thats theve taken care of it and serviced it and treated it like a new born (at least i do anyway lol) so its not just the mods as to why people are asking for a little higher.

Another thing is that redbook is just the averages of what they should sell for, i know its states the price bracket/per kilometres the cars travelled but i dont think it takes into consideration the condition the car has been in and how its been looked after.

So if people are asking a little higher its cause they know whats they've done to their cars and what they would pay if they would buy it off someone else that was selling it like them.

If redbook themselves were in the business of selling cars, those prices will be unheard of.

At the end of the day, its a guide so use it as that. Last I check, no law or regulation depicts that a private seller must match KMs for dollars for year of car from redbook.

Then again, take this with a pinch of salt as its my personal opinion as well ........... :rolleyes:

I paid top dollar for mine 2nd hand..... but it was MINT.

and sure enough when it came time to sell, people are prepared to pay a good price for a perfect example.

so my 6 year old corolla hatchback with 58000kms sold for $18500... stock.... which i personally think... was a bargain for this car.

Be thankful you live in QLD, the prices in VIC easily fetch an extra $4-5k on top of QLD prices, and Victorians are prepared to pay it.

Gav.

thats such a load of rubbish chief it's not even funny

Be thankful you live in QLD, the prices in VIC easily fetch an extra $4-5k on top of QLD prices, and Victorians are prepared to pay it.

Gav.

thats such a load of rubbish chief it's not even funny

O rly?

Just using this forum, and carsales:

Regular asking price in VIC is $18-19k [pre-facelift].

Regular asking price in QLD is $14-15k [pre-facelift].

Hmmm? Please, continue...

Chief.

disagree gav

i think your stivo was inexpensive as it needed some expensive pieces. that's what i've seen with other cars as well.

depends on condition of the car most importantly. that said, there is a mega demand for stivo in melb as evidenced by the monthly meet

whitestivo

Sure, I got mine cheaper, and it turned out that it needed another $2.5k spent on clutch/install and shocks/install and some other little things [which brought the price of my car up to around the price most others were at the time]. But if you look at the FS ads on this forum, and checkout carsales, you can quickly see the heaviest concentration on higher pricing [VIC, WA, SA].

I dunno why you guys are having a dig at me, the thread is about pricing, not flaming...

Gav.

At then end of the day Gav it's a message board so unfortunately it's hard to gauge the nature of our comments i wasn't attempting to come across as if i was dishing out any type of insult but in general i just disagree with what your saying , i paid $16,750 for my sportivo that had just 42k on the clock , owned by a 50 + year old south African Toyota enthusiast who was more worried about the car being placed into a good set of hands to keep it in top condition than anything else, it was stock apart from king lows and some after market wheels that i let him keep as the stockers are suffice.

Unfortunately i went through a few to get this one and had a little bother with getting down there to grab it and stuff but others i enquired about for similar money weren't as much to my liking mainly because of the km's on them. I had a look into a bloke selling a black facelift , he was happy with 16k flat for it but it seemed fishy so i left it alone , another had a pod filter and that general ive flogged the pants off the car sound to it from the owner...locally there was nothing ive only ever seen one other one around my area...

All in all the buyer will pay what they want to pay , it depends on the car and the condition etc , but i think anything with mods in my books is worth less as it drops the market value down , of course taking into account that some modifications such as a grille or the odd gear knob etc may be acceptable.

Yeah well, having my statement compared to rubbish, and being called chief does add a certain spin to the nature of your comment, wouldn't you agree? FFR, if you don't agree, say just that.

I still stand by my comments, I just tried to comfort sickular with the fact he lives in QLD where they appear to be consistently and significantly cheaper [NSW being equally is well priced].

Gav.