Oh Sh!t : The parker and fog lights stuffed

I'm in desp need of help to understand what may have happened.

I bought a set of parker lights on ebay (pictured below) and tried to install em on my corolla. Fitted one parker light on to test and it didnt work (but the fog lights and other parker light was still on). I tried turning it around to see whether that helps. Nope.

So then i fitted the original parker lights back in and turned the light switch on just to make sure everything was fine. BUT nothing worked!!?!?! :ph34r: Both the fogs and original parker lights didnt even come on!

Fortunately, the low beam headlights still work. Just not the fogs and parkers.

Does anyone know y? Can the fogs and parkers be non-operational at hte same time? i coudn't have triggered anything by installing one OEM parker in coz they were still oeprational.

Any light shed on this will be appreciated.

Last resort will have to try and claim this under factory warranty <_<

I'm in desp need of help to understand what may have happened.

I bought a set of parker lights on ebay (pictured below) and tried to install em on my corolla. Fitted one parker light on to test and it didnt work (but the fog lights and other parker light was still on). I tried turning it around to see whether that helps. Nope.

So then i fitted the original parker lights back in and turned the light switch on just to make sure everything was fine. BUT nothing worked!!?!?!  :ph34r: Both the fogs and original parker lights didnt even come on!

Fortunately, the low beam headlights still work. Just not the fogs and parkers.

Does anyone know y? Can the fogs and parkers be non-operational at hte same time? i coudn't have triggered anything by installing one OEM parker in coz they were still oeprational.

Any light shed on this will be appreciated.

Last resort will have to try and claim this under factory warranty <_<

Just check your fuses ... if you blew one when you first put the light in, then the lights won't work again until the fuse is replaced.

At the very least, that's the first (and cheapest) thing to check.

Ths for the quick reply.

I had a quick read of hte manual.

I check the fuse box in the front...they are alright..

But i cant access the fuse box on the inside....

I think i have blown a few fuses...coz the the interior lights (are where a/c button is), tailight, no. plate lights among others including hte beep beep sound when light is on, engine off and door open - all doesnt work. Esp with the rear tail light, its dangerous at night coz doesnt light up when driivng.

Any advice on how i can access the 2nd fuse box inside and check? thx heaps

Edited by Silver Levin

that sounds like the same fuse that was blown when my shiftlights were being built. i can't remember which one. have to ask northy about that. definitely found in the engine bay tho

The 2nd fuse box seems to be just above hte glove compartment....But i dunno how to take out the glove compartment....any ideas anybody?

To Buddha and Shaohoak,

You guys are legends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FIXED

Buddha pointed me in the right and logical direction and Shaohoak, thanks on the tip. I typed 'emanage' in the search engine and found MP81's "How To Remove Your ECU" post, in which showed me how to remove the glovebox. As u said, it was easy.

I opened up the fuse box (although me little difficulty at first to open it up - finally i insert my key into two little slits on the side and nudged it open) and located the blown fuse. It was fuse 19 from memory - integral to front fogs, interor lights, back tailights, no. plates among many many other lights.

Thankfully to toyota, they had 3 types of spare fuses in the engine bay fuse box. I used type 15 to replace the blown fuse. Not only have i fixed my problem, but ive learnt somehting too.

All done, all fixed and all happy.

This forum rocks! Its got the people and the info. Now i can sleep peacefully - and in eager anticipation of the delivery of my new eyelids.

To Buddha and Shaohoak,

You guys are legends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FIXED

Buddha pointed me in the right and logical direction and Shaohoak, thanks on the tip. I typed 'emanage' in the search engine and found MP81's "How To Remove Your ECU" post, in which showed me how to remove the glovebox. As u said, it was easy.

I opened up the fuse box (although me little difficulty at first to open it up - finally i insert my key into two little slits on the side and nudged it open) and located the blown fuse. It was fuse 19 from memory - integral to front fogs, interor lights, back tailights, no. plates among many many other lights.

Thankfully to toyota, they had 3 types of spare fuses in the engine bay fuse box. I used type 15 to replace the blown fuse. Not only have i fixed my problem, but ive learnt somehting too.

All done, all fixed and all happy.

This forum rocks! Its got the people and the info. Now i can sleep peacefully - and in eager anticipation of the delivery of my new eyelids.

:D :D :D :D :D Congratulations dude, and well done. Also well done is using the <search> function within this forum. :D :D :D :D :D