Losing the "LIFT"

current owners and future of stivos, please read. :angry:

we might lose our magic "LIFT" one day!!!!! :angry: this is due to the broekn the lift bolts. have we been informed about this? anybody exprieced it yet? if so, what did the dealer say when you approach them?

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31638

any comment???? i'm a new owner so this is a major concern.

the following is just the cut and paste from the uk forum.

quote:

Hi Guys,

Are you guys aware of the lift bolt issue with the 2zz engine? The reason I say is that I've been briefly looking around and seeing that noone has really mentioned it.

Basically the engine has a design fault, in that two 26p bolts hold the cams in position, and these bolts are known to wear down and snap. Although you probably won't notice for a while, eventually the cams will be able to move and you'll lose 'Lift'.

Many celica owners are having this problem, and its well documented in the States. The trouble is as always, is that Toyota won't recognise the issue (money :censor: ) surprise, surprise, and you probably won't know any different until your out of warranty.

Thought you guys with the CTS should know.

This is fairly old news and was something we worried about when I got mine in 2003, apparently they use different bolts now (now as in from before the begining of the Corolla Sportivo) and even if it does break, it can be replaced :).

Edited by Blade Hunter

whew..... nice to hear that it's not gonna happen to us. anyway, can u provide the link where i can get more info on this matter please?

thanks

First up - Welcome to the forum :)

I want to be straight up but not rude. I think the consensus on this forum and preference of 'older' mbrs is that one utilises the search function before an issue is posted. (re: ur curiosity about rattling gear selector cables)

But then again, if your really anxious etc, i can understand y ur not in that mentality.

If u have already 'searched' - my apologies for my ignorance.

But then again - its always good to post up an already covered topic (one in a while), coz brings the attention to issues/info that might apply to some existing or new mbrs who never really knew that issues/info existed (if that makes sense).

Coz i personally dont go searching for old threads purely coz I read the newly posted topics for leisure and to learn new things.

But then again, on the other hand, i can also appreciate the frustration from other mbrs who read topics that already been covered. Coz they are torn b/w the desire to help ppl and the frustration of having to re-type information for the millionth time and wasting web space.

I think im just going around in circles. SO id stop writing now :unsure:

Edited by Silver Levin

whew..... nice to hear that it's not gonna happen to us. anyway, can u provide the link where i can get more info on this matter please?

thanks

First up - Welcome to the forum :)

I want to be straight up but not rude. I think the consensus on this forum and preference of 'older' mbrs is that one utilises the search function before an issue is posted. (re: ur curiosity about rattling gear selector cables)

But then again, if your really anxious etc, i can understand y ur not in that mentality.

If u have already 'searched' - my apologies for my ignorance.

But then again - its always good to post up an already covered topic (one in a while), coz brings the attention to issues/info that might apply to some existing or new mbrs who never really knew that issues/info existed (if that makes sense).

Coz i personally dont go searching for old threads purely coz I read the newly posted topics for leisure and to learn new things.

But then again, on the other hand, i can also appreciate the frustration from other mbrs who read topics that already been covered. Coz they are torn b/w the desire to help ppl and the frustration of having to re-type information for the millionth time and wasting web space.

I think im just going around in circles. SO id stop writing now :unsure:

the UN needs u!!

or at the very least the howard government :P

these bolts never came into our cars...only the early model celicas over in the USofA :)

I asked the same thing a while ago and have taken the head off to look and see which bolts we have...and yes we have the updated 'lift' bolts :D