Handling improvements

addy287

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted one of my noob questions lol. I want to improve the handling of my camry but im not sure which one of these 3 mds will do me the most....

1: Rear sway

2: New lowered springs

3: new shocks

i would obviously love to do all 3 but tight budget. any help would be appreciated or if u know any other mods that can do would be great

thank you all

RSB will improve it outta sight. Autobarn sell them for around $220 for a Whiteline RSB (P/N: BTR36).

Have had lots of people say that it'd be the single best mod that you can ever do for ride handling. Next would be the shocks, but may as well do shocks and springs at the same time mate.

You CAN install this yourself too... if you know what you're doin :)

I have to agree with everyone else, getting a rear swaybar is the best bang for you buck as far as handling improvement goes.

I definitely noticed a difference when I got my one done :D

the Whiteline RSB for the Gen4 I believe is the BTR39, same as the Gen5s. I'd definitely recommend going through Autobarn to get it, it is cheaper than going through Whiteline direct (Whiteline say they don't want to compete with their distributors).

Another thing to consider is better suspension bushing such as Polyurethane bushing?

I'd do the swaybars but the bushing do wonders for the overall feel of the car ;)

Just wondering about the approximate cost to supply and replace all the bushes and ball joints in 1995 Camry Vienta (suspension as well as engine mounts)? And what is the best place to get the job done in Sydney? I am scared to even ask Pedders for a quote!

K8Canb

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/deale...stributors.html

Check for your closest dealer. Call them up and ask how long. The bushes aren't going to be that expensive in comparison to the labour to replace the lot. Most of the time they're going to ask "Why?" - half the time they don't need to be replaced unless they're damaged.

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/deale...stributors.html

Check for your closest dealer. Call them up and ask how long. The bushes aren't going to be that expensive in comparison to the labour to replace the lot. Most of the time they're going to ask "Why?" - half the time they don't need to be replaced unless they're damaged.

Front lower left and right control arm bushes appear to be deteriorated (but no noise yet), one of the engine mount seen to be toren, however, the car drives well and has clocked 210000 kms.

I thoughtt that after 14 years it may be good to replace all worn bushes.

I asked pedders for a quote for just control arm bush change (as stated above) they quoted me $900 and LubeMobile quoted $500. I thought that that was too much. I am prepared to pay a reasonable price, I don't know what is reasonable as the work may just involve taking the control arms out, using a press pushing the bushes out; pushing in new bushes into control arms and finally fitting back the control arms.

K8Canb

I bought a pair of bushes for the rear lower control arms and asked my local fulcrum for an estimated install + installing a RSB of my own...

$520 including alignment

Turns out my rear lower control arm bushes are fine, bloody Jax Quikfit didn't know what he was talking about, it was a rose joint. Good old SupaTouring to the rescue.

FS: 2x Genuine Toyota bushes...