Ferrari are CHEATS, BAR Honda 2 Race Ban!

Renault's Fernando Alonso commented openly that Ferrari is the only team that has been "secretly" doing much more testing than other F1 Teams even though there are strict restrictions on the amount of testing they are allowed to do. He also commented that everyone knows about it and its a disgrace and against the spirit of the sport. That explains why they are so dominant. Always knew there was something fishy about Ferrari and Schuey cockiness, how they always have far quicker cars than the other teams.. Cannot believe there is beaucratic crap in F1 too!? :angry:

And poor BAR Honda have been banned for 2 races and lose their 10points after their great result at San Marino even when FIA have no significant evidence against them.

BAR team handed 2 race ban

"BAR Honda is appaled by the decision of the FIA International Court of Appeal and asserts that the judgement is contrary to all of the evidence heard yesterday. The team proved that it complied with current regualtions and the FIA now acknowledges that the regulations are unclear. We repeat that at no time did BAR Honda run underweight at the San Marino Grand Prix and this was also unchallenged by the FIA. While the International court of appeal rejected the FIA's original accussations of fraud and deception, BAR Honda says that this penalty is wholly and grossly disproportionate. The team is advised by its legal council that the judgement is plainly wrong based on the evidence presented and it is currently examining its options."

I personally feel that some stakeholders are trying to minimise competition for Ferrari and BAR Honda has been made the first scapegoat. My scenical 2cents worth :D

BAR abandon hope of racing

:angry::angry: Far out, my favourite team is now out for 2 or more races!! That is it for BAR Honda's season hopes. This is horse *****, i think i will give F1 a rest this year.. very disappointed and angry with the decisions. :angry:

WHY DON"T THEY BLOODY INVESTIGATE FERRARI FOR HAVING A CAR THAT LAPPED 3 SECOND A LAP QUICKER AT SAN MARINO WHILE ALL OTHER TEAMS LAPPED TIMES MUCH CLOSER TO EACH OTHER???

Anyway that is just my opinion since i am a BAR Honda fan :P I will react the same if Toyota gets penalised! Good news is Mark Webber has now been moved into the points after Jenson Button and Takuma Sato have been removed.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Renault's Fernando Alonso commented openly that Ferrari is the only team that has been "secretly" doing much more testing than other F1 Teams even though there are strict restrictions on the amount of testing they are allowed to do.  He also commented that everyone knows about it and its a disgrace and against the spirit of the sport.  That explains why they are so dominant.  Always knew there was something fishy about Ferrari and Schuey cockiness, how they always have far quicker cars than the other teams.. Cannot believe there is beaucratic crap in F1 too!? :angry: 

Just to clarify one point, most of the teams chose to have a restriction on testing and Ferrari decided against it, so they're not doing anything illegal, but you're certainly right about the moral standpoint.

I think you'll find it goes back to the fact that Ferrari are looking to support the FIA post 2007, where most of the other teams are still aligned with the GPWC. I think that Red Bull were teetering on the edge with that, but have sinced scored a Ferrari engine deal, so I think we can predict which side of the edge they'll fall on!

Personally I think that BAR got off lightly and honestly expected them to be thrown out for the rest of the season, or at least able to run with no point so as not to interfere with the min 20 race cars on the grid (but what would be the point). The evidence against them was quite stong and 5kg below min weight is a lot. On the plus side they now have 6 weeks of open testing time to re-engineer the fuel tank so that is conforms.

On Ferreris side, Buddah is absolutely right, there is nothing written that dictates how much time you can spend testing. The 30 day sgreement is only verbal and between the 9 other team it is not official. The reason Ferrari is claiming they can test more is for tyres. Bridgestone gets 1/3 the data of Michilen and as Minardi and Jordan/Midland do next to no testing Ferrari is the only test platform they have, so it is actually Bridgestone doing the testing and not Ferrari. As Ferrari will tell you they need not test the car, the car is great, the Bridgestones have been the issue so far this season!!!

The advantage Ferrari had at Imola is that it is one of their test circuits and Luca Badoer and Mark Gene did a lot of mileage there prior to the start of the season so Bridgestone new the surface well and had better data then Michilen for a change.

Personally I think that BAR got off lightly and honestly expected them to be thrown out for the rest of the season, or at least able to run with no point so as not to interfere with the min 20 race cars on the grid (but what would be the point). The evidence against them was quite stong and 5kg below min weight is a lot. On the plus side they now have 6 weeks of open testing time to re-engineer the fuel tank so that is conforms.

On Ferreris side, Buddah is absolutely right, there is nothing written that dictates how much time you can spend testing. The 30 day sgreement is only verbal and between the 9 other team it is not official. The reason Ferrari is claiming they can test more is for tyres. Bridgestone gets 1/3 the data of Michilen and as Minardi and Jordan/Midland do next to no testing Ferrari is the only test platform they have, so it is actually Bridgestone doing the testing and not Ferrari. As Ferrari will tell you they need not test the car, the car is great, the Bridgestones have been the issue so far this season!!!

The advantage Ferrari had at Imola is that it is one of their test circuits and Luca Badoer and Mark Gene did a lot of mileage there prior to the start of the season so Bridgestone new the surface well and had better data then Michilen for a change.

Hmm, sounds like a convincing argument but Shuey's pace in the last 10-20 laps was just unbelievable, lapping 2-3secs quicker than everyone else and catching Button then Alonso was incredible... i couldn't believe my eyes after i came back from a brief toilet break! But they also had great strategy and Schuey's pit-stop allowed him to leap frog 10 cars!

Maybe the 2 of yous just work for Ferrari :P Anyhow 2 race ban for BAR Honda is a bummer but whoever breaks the rules should get penalised. Well, will be cheering for Toyota tomorrow then! They seem really confident and wouldn't it be great to see them get on the podium. Go Toyota!!