How to remove the door panel from a ZRE

38TRY

Hi, everyone

I was trying to find the same topic but can't find any.

Does anyone know how to remove the door panel for my ZRE?

I tried yesterday and found it is weird because i have no idea which part should i pull out first and i am scared to break it.

Please take few step by step pictures, if you can!

Thank you very much!

BTW: If someone in BNE knows how to take it off, i might just come to your place and learn how to do that!

Not a definite answer but this may send you in the right direction.

For most doors I've come across, firstly you take off the trim that is on the grab handle part of the door. Under there you should find a couple of screws you need to undo.

Then you will find another screw in the door handle section. Usually there is a plate behind the handle that the screw hides behind.

After that, you can use your hands and starting from the bottom, you pull the trim away from the door to disengage the numerous clips that are around the trim. Then you can lift the door trim upwards to take it off the door, paying attention to the door handle cable and other electrical wires there.

1. silver handle unclips off be very careful though as it scratches really easily 2x screws

2. there's a little cover under the door handle that also unclips, be very carful with that aswell as they scratch really easily 1x screw

3.with a bit of force start from the bottom right corner of the door and slowly just start pulling the trim towards (it may be hard at first but just give a i little)

4. unplug the window control loom

3 screws in total

should be it from what i can recall, sorry i didnt really take any pics of it when i was doing it i think i should from now on when i pull something apart and put it back together.

the majority of all doors are all clips i took mine off the other day to find out the factory speakers are actually pop riveted into the doors

Charlie

Edited by flipsta24

3.with a bit of force start from the bottom right corner of the door and slowly just start pulling the trim towards (it may be hard at first but just give a i little)

Please correct me if i'm wrong but I think that should be - the bottom corner opposite the hinge... Depending on driver or passenger door.

Rivets??? Really?? I suppose most people wouldn't change the factory speakers so would make sense from manufacturing point of view.

Ray89...sorry i did it today already...saw your reply until then..lol

It actually pretty easy. Thx guys for the help.

I have took some pictures of my work. Here we go.

Unscrew these two screws on the door handle

4028785812_31459e2de9.jpg

unscrew this one behind handle you open the door

4028785872_e67f7f0302.jpg

Pull from the bottom of the door trim, not the strip! lol

4028032323_7a29c70037.jpg

And its done!

I also took out the panels surround the headunit. This is for my iPod cable

4028785976_56d1a46486.jpg

Pull out the glove box and you can reach the existing iPod AUX input.

4028786040_28777b90e5.jpg

Here we go~

4028786176_ab6bb81ede.jpg

Its not a big job and i believe everyone can do this.

All you need is 2 screw drivers, one + and one -

Enjoy.

Terry.

Edited by 38TRY

Step #1 should be to remove the inner weather seal that is attached to the top of the door trim. It unclips and not being held by any screws. Just lift it up gently.

Hi, i didnt remove my weather seal. I think it might be the difference from hatch to sedan.

Step #1 should be to remove the inner weather seal that is attached to the top of the door trim. It unclips and not being held by any screws. Just lift it up gently.

Hi, i didnt remove my weather seal. I think it might be the difference from hatch to sedan.

Looking at your pics, yes it is different and the sedan has more screws to remove :)