ZZE123R

dyslexik

Hey fellas,

Just had King lows all round with KYB Excel G struts (front & back) installed today.

Sub & amp installed 2 months ago.

FYI:

This Sat arvo, she will be getting tint from tin-a-car (25% off),as my right arm doesnt like uneven driver's arm tanning happy.gif

Will also be adding Whiteline Front Strut brace as the fronts are independent. Been advised that a rear sway bar is not required.

who the hell advised you that??

lol.

rear Sway is one of the best mods to do to the sportivo. head to Bursons and get yourself one today... get a deal on both bars.

Damian from Suspension City lol.

He said that the rear axle are linked so therefore doesnt really need a rear sway bar. However the front axles are independant, so front strut brace would be good to install.

so install the rear sway bar too u reckon? if u strongly recommend it, then it's going on her, as you have already tested it since ur the previous owner lol.

rear sway and front strut from bursons should cost you around $250-260 incl gst, anymore and go to another bursons till you get that price :) (eltham bursons is the place andy and i got our aswesome deal)

cheers dude... so looking at approx $125-130 each.

who the hell advised you that??

lol.

rear Sway is one of the best mods to do to the sportivo. head to Bursons and get yourself one today... get a deal on both bars.

Damian from Suspension City lol.

He said that the rear axle are linked so therefore doesnt really need a rear sway bar. However the front axles are independant, so front strut brace would be good to install.

so install the rear sway bar too u reckon? if u strongly recommend it, then it's going on her, as you have already tested it since ur the previous owner lol.

While Damian is a Great guy and exceptionally Knowledgable.... he doesnt/hasnt own/owned a sportivo. ;)

nearly everyone here who is serious about their sportivo has a swaybar fitted... be it TRD or Whiteline.

def worth it.

TRD STRUT TOWER BRACE ASSY, FRONT $577.50

TRD STRUT TOWER REINFORCEMENT, FR, PR $138.60

Line 2, Strut Tower Reinforcement, is a reinforcement plate designed to fit under the feet of the strut tower bar to evenly distribute the load of the strut tower brace across the crown of the strut housing.

As for rear stabiliser bar, as Australian-delivered Toyota Corolla Sportivo ZZE123R feature a non-independent torsion-bar style rear axle assembly, an additional TRD rear stabiliser bar is not available.

From Bursons: total $284 ($24 more than what you guys paid for - but im fine with it)

Front strut brace ksb603 whiteline-$135.50…..rear sway bar btr77 whiteline-$148.50…

Yeah sorry mate thats the lowest price I can go im afraid…if they are ordered today I would see them on Tuesday.

Will also be adding Whiteline Front Strut brace as the fronts are independent. Been advised that a rear sway bar is not required.

:huh: The strut bar doesn't care if it is independant or not. The rear anti-roll bar upgrade may not be required, just like any other aftermarket part, but it does make things better.

From Toyota:

Line 2, Strut Tower Reinforcement, is a reinforcement plate designed to fit under the feet of the strut tower bar to evenly distribute the load of the strut tower brace across the crown of the strut housing.

As for rear stabiliser bar, as Australian-delivered Toyota Corolla Sportivo ZZE123R feature a non-independent torsion-bar style rear axle assembly, an additional TRD rear stabiliser bar is not available.

Funny that, I have a TRD rear anti-roll bar fitted...

Strut Tower Reinforcement: Don't waste your money on it.

Just placed an order from Bursons in Brunswick (VIC) for front strut brace and rear sway bar. Should come in next week.

Also contacted Bursons at West Melbourne and dude there informed me that the Whiteline product for zze123 series was discontinued LOL...

They all have the same supplier... so gg there....thank god brunswick store knows their stuff.

Even checked the Whiteline website to see if it was still available for the '03 rolla sportivo and it still is.

ooh can't wait =)

Appreciate the advice guys...thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Update as of last week:

1. Whiteline Rear sway bar and front strut tower brace installed - $150 install+wheel alignment (Thanks to Reade at Pedders Sth Melb).

2. Window Tint and Shark Fin radio aerial.

Soon: TWM short shifter with Desert Eagle shift knob. Been advised that production with engraved shift patterns are in the process of being set in place in the production line....

What colour - Stainless, Gun Blue or Mirror finish? Seeking opinions from members who has these colours.

nearly everyone here who is serious about their sportivo has a swaybar fitted... be it TRD or Whiteline.

def worth it.

Or UltraRacing.... :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahah yes Guan.. you have a jungle gym worth of UR bars in your car!!!!

I'll try to find out if there are any for your KE .....

:P

be careful with weighted gearknobs...

there has been some discussion on here as to the effects of them on gear boxes, causing premature wear and tear.

Just read up on the discussion from jaderd's post:

"A recent popular fix for short shifter notchiness is the use of an excessively heavy, metallic shift knob. At only 3 oz. (approximately 100 grams), the factory shift knob is relatively light, in comparison with the available aftermarket knobs. We have analyzed the additional mass of the Rogue Engineering shift knobs (approximately 6 oz.) and have found that they're additional mass was not enough to close the 0.004"-0.006" gap. However, as we began adding more weight to the shift knob area, we did find that when the mass increased to 8 oz., the gap began to close. Using anything heavier than this would be the equivalent of driving with your hand resting on the shift knob. When considering an aftermarket shift knob, consider how much mass it threatens to add. Too much is a BAD thing for your transmission!"

In light of the above information, I dont really need the extra weight to change gears, but I was going to just buy the Desert Eagle knob in conjucntion with the Short Shifter just for the sake of it.

FYI:

There is also an aliminuim based desert eagle style gear knob weighing at 130 grams (4.58562 ounces). The knob for me isnt an issue and I'm just curious if the stock sportivo shift knob will fit on the TWm short shifter. how much grams is the stock gear knob?

Those of you have bought the TWM short shifter: Did you guys choose the Corolla or Matrix option on the TWM website?

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifter...ortshifters.htm

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifter...ortshifters.htm

My primary concern is to get the TWM shorter shifter installed, so my left arm is not in an awkward or uncomfortable angle whilst changing gears from 1st to 2nd.