Corolla Sportivo - I feel dissapointed...

I can't comment on the MT90, but whatever you do, do NOT use shockproof in any form in the box.

OMG...why is that?

Causes glazing on the synchros, CHA54 made a post about it years ago, I'm too lazy to search for it. It feels great at first, but will slowly get worse until a rebuild is required. I know the WRX crowd hold it in high regard, and all the more to them if it works without an issue in their box, but it doesn't cooperate in our boxes.

In that regard then, what is the best alternative out there? :-(

Because i should admit it does feel great at the moment and changing gears is so smooth like sliding a knife in butter. lol

I can't comment on the MT90, but whatever you do, do NOT use shockproof in any form in the box.

OMG...why is that?

Causes glazing on the synchros, CHA54 made a post about it years ago, I'm too lazy to search for it. It feels great at first, but will slowly get worse until a rebuild is required. I know the WRX crowd hold it in high regard, and all the more to them if it works without an issue in their box, but it doesn't cooperate in our boxes.

Thats cos Subaru boxes just break anyway, they are used to it.

I wouldnt worry about breaking a driveshaft on the Sportivo, unless you are doing burnouts constantly, they will last a long time.

Our 2ltr 2ZZ with close ratio box rally car has never broken a shaft.

With oil, I wouldnt go much thinner than 10W-40. And gearbox oil, just use regular gearbox oil and add a little bit of auto trans fluid, works beautifully.

Thats cos Subaru boxes just break anyway, they are used to it.

I was going to mention their boxes don't stay together long enough for the issues to surface, but thought I'd be diplomatic about it :lol:

Great minds think alike :toast: