Paseos

Hey guys,

I'm only a new kid but this looks like the best place around to get some info. I'm looking for a new car and the Paseo looked pretty tight. I called my resident car expert (grandpa) and he expressed typical grandpa worries about it being an import and expensive to repair and insure.

Is this true? I don't know anything about this model, so any advice you guys have would be great. Cheers,

Tim

oh yeah: biggles_redbaron@yahoo.com.au for anyone too shy to reply here

The paseo is not an import in the GREY sense... They are Australian plated. They have all the same running gear as the Starlet so parts are not as difficult to source then other cars out there.

yeah what dylan said :P

They are a nice car to drive...my GF has a 96 model .....its White also ;)

Parts and serviceing is not an issue at all :)

oh just dont go putting anyone over 5 feet tall in the back seats either :P

cheers guys, thanks for that. I'm gonna keep bugging you now coz you seem like good blokes.

Has it got any herbs/guts/balls? Everyone who's trying to sell me one says they're practically a sports car, but a couple of reviews have said they're gutless and sluggish unless you get a 97/98/99 model. I'm looking more around the 93/94 range.

I'm not expecting some turbo 2.2 litre or anything like that, I know they're only 1.5 litres, but I'd still like something with a bit of herbs. Cheers,

Tim

I dunno about the herbs, it all depends on the hydroponic set up you have in the back really :P ;) . I haven't driven one myself by a have heard they do go OK, not fantastic but the suspension is a little soft, as with all Toyota's <_< :angry:

For a sports car they are a little soft on and marketed more as a hairdressers car, but would make a brilliant sleeper if you are planning to mod it :)

cheers guys, thanks for that. I'm gonna keep bugging you now coz you seem like good blokes.

Has it got any herbs/guts/balls? Everyone who's trying to sell me one says they're practically a sports car, but a couple of reviews have said they're gutless and sluggish unless you get a 97/98/99 model. I'm looking more around the 93/94 range.

I'm not expecting some turbo 2.2 litre or anything like that, I know they're only 1.5 litres, but I'd still like something with a bit of herbs. Cheers,

Tim

A mate of mine has a 91 Paseo (same as the 93/94 you're looking at) ... its no rocket, but it gets along quite well and it feels faster because you sit so low to the ground. From Toyota's own specs, it should be a quicker car than the latter shape, the older car had more power (74 vs 66kW) and less weight (about 100kg less).

My mate's owned his for 12 years now and despite regular changes to the "family car", he retains the Paseo as a fun second car.

they dont set any speed records that for sure ;)

the only thing i can suggest you do is take off that HUGE intake snokel (has more bends than the nurburgh ring) from the airbox straight away....and replace with a nice pipe...the car responds well to this (as does any car) and sounds nicer also

But all in all a good solid little car.