Toyota Dealer labour rates

dakota

Does anyone know what the Dealer hourly labour rate is in Melbourne ???

A mate told me $75.00....

So if that's right, how can I make sure my car is looked after by a fully qualified Technician, and not a first year apprentice probably on $11.00 ph ..??

And if it is done by an apprentice, I wonder how he feels about his boss making $64.00 out of him for every hour he works..

And I heard a Dealer not 1000 kms from Berwick, is putting non Toyota "Wynns" additives in, and whacking an extra $20 on the bill...he doesn't ask first, he just does it.

Does anyone know what the Dealer hourly labour rate is in Melbourne ???

A mate told me $75.00....

So if that's right, how can I make sure my car is looked after by a fully qualified Technician, and not a first year apprentice probably on $11.00 ph ..??

welcome to 1991

unfortunately these problems have always and will always be there, but by all means make a scene and demand only the most experienced technician operate on your vehicle. However he'll probably have the 1st year apprentice ***** on your rims for being so picky.

The more agro and fussy you are with your dealership, the more you wont get along. You simply cannot really win

Also cant you just ring up and ask them what the hourly labour rates are? :unsure:

I refuse to take my car to the dealer for servicing, i will take it if its a warranty issue. I take i to mate, i had the oil changed today (5000km) and he basically gave the car a quick look through. The only thing that he found wrong was the tyres a wearing on the outer side of the front tyres.

He was blowing out at the fact that the rear suspension doesnt come down the centre of the rear wheels. He said that we were getting the handling of a short wheel based car with the ride of a long wheel based car. He said that this also may contribute to the noise from the brakes in reverse, but he would need the car longer to investigate further (i had to be at work by 9:30).

You all know how when you're in reverse and utilise the brakes, the stivo's brakes howl.... <_<

well....does anyone else experience 'howling' when cornering? when i go around roundabouts, i get howling...anyone else get this??????? <_<

Another problem.... <_<

when going over little humps....can you guys here something rattling/shaking whilst going over the hump? if i go over a big hump, the shock is too spreadout and slow...if i go over little humps...i can hear something loose..just shaking around.....sorta sounds like a heat shield.....but....i'm not sure...because when i put the car on the hoist...i couldn't find anything loose.... <_<

ANYONE???????? :angry: <_< :angry: <_<

(maybe i should write my car off, so that i get a new one???) <_<