My Aurion

legend_of_lazz

Hey guys, I'm new to the board. Bought an SX6 from Townsville Toyota a weeks or so ago. Absolutely love it! You guys really do know more than anyone about this car. How many people in Townsville on this board?

Mods to come in the future:

- Auspack or other head unit.

- Pedders depending on what AAMI says about insurance.

- Better Brakes (AAMI again)

- Undercar green lights to match the car.

Does anyone know about brakes and suspension with insurance?

- Adam.

post-14069-1258861017_thumb.jpg

post-14069-1258861172_thumb.jpg

Hey man, Welcome to the Tocau!

Yea, It's a great car. U need to familiarise urself with the problem from the factory so u can bring it back and fix it if it arises.

Anw, this thread belongs to the members' rides. Ah well, doesnt really matter. Enjoy ur stay here.

welcome Adam

congrats on the new buy, love the colour!

in regards to mods, im with aami and it no extra on premium but you just need to list them in your policy to be included. it will not void any insurance matters unless u dont list them. i had about 20 mods on my list and my primium only went up like $30.

:D

Edited by ELEGNT

Awesome, thanks. I'll be sure to give them a call before I get them installed. I think the Auspack especially will really make it amazing. I've had it 10 days and have put 1200kms on it around town. Just can't seem to get out of the thing. Toyota gave me an offer I really couldn't pass up and I'd been looking for about 6 months, so I figured I'd pick it up. Best decision I've made in a while. Might be down in Brisbane in the new year, I'll come check out one of the meets.

Hey guys, I'm new to the board. Bought an SX6 from Townsville Toyota a weeks or so ago. Absolutely love it! You guys really do know more than anyone about this car. How many people in Townsville on this board?

Mods to come in the future:

- Auspack or other head unit.

- Pedders depending on what AAMI says about insurance.

- Better Brakes (AAMI again)

- Undercar green lights to match the car.

Does anyone know about brakes and suspension with insurance?

- Adam.

Hi Adam!

I am from Cairns and have been to Townsville a few times in this great car!

This Forum is GREAT. The advise received here enabled me to do a lot of things to my car I never thought possible!

1) Installed reversing sensors

2) Installed Head Unit (digi_options)

3) Installed reversing Camera

4) Installed Garage Door opener in dash

Learned about car detailing (Never even knew what "claying" is yet the result is AMAZING)

There are a lot of people who deserve special mention but the one I would really like to mention here is Darryl (DJKOR).

His knowledge about everything AURION is just astounding only matched by his willingness to help and share this wealth of knowledge!

If you ever make your way to Cairns feel free to drop in for a cuppa! In the meantime if you have questions feel free to contact me.

Regards

Alfred

Hmm ok. Might have to reconsider the lights. As far as upgrades go, I think brakes will be my first. How much of a difference does the DBA 4000 slotted brakes make in terms of stopping power? I'd like some brakes in line with the Mazda 6 MPS. Any ideas what it'd take to get stopping power like that? They just about bruise your ribs and knock the wind out of you in the passenger seat. Love it.

Hmm ok. Might have to reconsider the lights. As far as upgrades go, I think brakes will be my first. How much of a difference does the DBA 4000 slotted brakes make in terms of stopping power? I'd like some brakes in line with the Mazda 6 MPS. Any ideas what it'd take to get stopping power like that? They just about bruise your ribs and knock the wind out of you in the passenger seat. Love it.

Welcome mate. If you want to get stopping power like you describe, you are going to have to move to a full brake upgrade (at least on the fronts if you were to cheap out). Plus to make it even better, you can tie them in with some stickier tires. Upgraded rotors and aggressive pads pads will sure give you some more bite, which you should be able to increase the feel of by having gripper tires, but the end result is going to cost you more in the long run from pad/rotor wear plus tire wear I would reckon.

The rotors of the Mazda 6 MPS were something like 320mm which is nearly like comparing the TRD brakes to the normal Aurion brakes.

Hmm interesting. Thought as much. How do your DBA brakes compare to the originals? The stopping power is great, I'd just like that bit more for emergencies.

Much better. They dissipate heat WAY faster than the stock rotors and even under continuous braking, still hold their composure. Also thanks to the QFM HP-X brake pads.