anyone know why toyota or other companies offer

I'm curious as to why there isn't any flash tuning avaliable to australias best selling car the corolla.

I've heard things like our ecu are diff and harder to tune and flash tuning won't work.

Its kind of annoying haha. I don't want to pay a few grand for a new ecu set up.......

Put simply, there's no demand. The toyota ECU's aren't easy to crack, so there's only a couple around that have done it and they keep the info on how they did it close to their chests.

Search for things like Techtom and Kashima to find out more.

90% of corolla owners are driving the wheels off them as thats what they do best , last the test of time through thick and thin.. they aren't interested in making any changes as long as the vehicle drives as it should.. seing as though our market is very weak in terms of performance models it's not something that will ever be common.

well with all the new cars coming out i have heard that a few of them offer chips and tunes from the shop.

even just slight torque increases etc would be nice in the rolla...

You would have to ask though, these cars that would offer an upgrade as such, would they really be an upgrade or just activating a tune on an otherwise 'de-tuned' vehicle. Therefore, you may feel like you are getting more power by spending for an upgrade but realistically, the engine was built to do that in the first place but they just never run it like that normally.