my 1st crunch and it didnt feel nice

i was drivn home 2nite from citiy, i tried my 1st down shift from 5th to 2nd at 60km/hr (rev matching) boy did it feel good. My wheels spun heheh 1st experience. BIG SMILE :D :D :D :P :P

But later on near home i was changing 2nd to 3rd in lift and got my first cruntch :o :o :( :( now i know how you guys feel. Scary noise and feel plus smell. This is the 1st time it has happened, its a 05 tivo must be my crap gear change eheh :P :P :P

:P

i was drivn home 2nite from citiy, i tried my 1st down shift from 5th to 2nd at 60km/hr (rev matching) boy did it feel good. My wheels spun heheh 1st experience. BIG SMILE  :D  :D  :D  :P  :P

But later on near home i was changing 2nd to 3rd in lift and got my first cruntch :o  :o  :(  :(  now i know how you guys feel. Scary noise and feel plus smell. This is the 1st time it has happened, its a 05 tivo must be my crap gear change eheh :P  :P  :P

:P

Dude...

2nd - 5th is a big down shift. I wouldn't be going that far down in one jump... The spinning you experienced sounds like a good ol' fashioned 'Compression Lockup'...

Not good for the uni's... :(

Cheers

Aaron

heavy duty clutch and flywheel combo will get rid of that... guys with the heavy duty will agree.. kyles car you can smash what ever gear you want with ease good for those down gearing efforts to hit lift

WTF? if u rev matched properly, the car shouldn't even jolt AT ALL, let alone wheelspin... :blink: if u mean u just dropped back in to 2nd, popped the clutch and then floored it, that's hardly rev matching.

azza, compression lockup actually locks up a wheel not spins :huh:

Edited by shaohaok

you guys misundertsand what im saying i was goin 60 in 5th den change down into 2nd still neutral rev it to let motor catch up, then release the clutch so there isnt that harsh feeling ***** u get.

mt 1st time but i think ill stick to doing less harsh changes now 5th to 3rd sounds nicer, but it feels nice having wheel spin and in lift straight away. I think im getting used to lift, it doesnt have the same effect as when i 1st used it. My 1st time i was lyk ahhhh :o :o :o unprepared but the biggest grin :lol::lol::lol: .

i think i need a CAI in the future, i luv the induction noise......

the most i've jumped it from 5th to 3rd is well... but then i have a diff gear box....

the idea of down shifting is to keep the revs up so you can shoot off again....

i.e. what i try to achieve in my 1zz is to keep the revs at wourn 4000rpm on everyday driving... and hight for track... depends on how hard you're going...

hence to keep the revs up, travelling at 60 on 5th on your gear box would be at probably a bit lower than 2000rpm, and to blip to 60 on 2nd is probably about 3000rpm.... but i don't think your syncros will be too happy...

also, at such low revs you wouldn't really bother blipping coz with the 2zz pedal placement, its horrible to work with when braking at the same time... (i.e. heel-toe down shift)

isn't that right shao!?

the screaching could also be shift lock where you have dropped the clutch and the gears locked.... mmm... not very nice on your car... but if you had a rear wheel drive... you'll be sideways~~ :D

keep trying~ ;) and keep the revs up if you want to try anything like that~ ;)

AND really know your gears!! (i.e. what rev at what speed on what gear)