Raptor Wheel Nuts?

-DAvo

Hi all,

Does anyone here know of an aftermarket brand that will do wheelnuts to suit the Toyota Raptor alloy wheel?? Have been quoted something crazy from the toyota dealership!

And the dealership also mentioned something about a "alloy wheel fit kit" - what the???

Thanks!

Dave

Edited by -DAvo

Whats so different about those nuts?

Supercheap sell locknuts to suit most cars. Not sure if they sell normal ones, but I'm pretty sure even the locknuts are fairly inexpensive.

If it's in the typical Toyota fashion, the nuts you will be looking for are just like described here:

After more research apperently toyota/lexus use these style of lugs

98-0003-2.jpg

Theses are defenitely not the lugs im using so looks liek i gotto wait till monday and call toyota parts. :( too bad i cant find this style lug in different colours QQ

In case you need to know the name/style, they are shank-style acorn nuts

All you really need to know is that they are 'shank-style' and have the thread measurements of 12 x 1.5. You can get them with different length shafts as some wheels require longer than the stock size in the photo (for example, my Kappa wheels).

thanks for that daryl, will go around to a few shops and see what i am up for if i buy non genuine..

anyone know what the "fit kit" is for? i was under the assumption that the new wheels would just bolt directly onto the car??

thanks for that daryl, will go around to a few shops and see what i am up for if i buy non genuine..

anyone know what the "fit kit" is for? i was under the assumption that the new wheels would just bolt directly onto the car??

Not 100% sure. When I got my Kappa's, each wheel came with (in addition to the wheel):

1 x Wheel Centre Cap (42603-06110)

5 x Wheel Nuts (90942-01058)

1 x Tire Valve

I'm not sure if the fitting kit is just a fancy name for those parts, or if maybe the Vortex wheels are constructed differently and have a different centre hub fitment and therefore the fitting kit comes with a hub ring or something.

EDIT: Looking at the top of my 'Fitting Instruction Sheet' for my Kappa's, it mentions at the top "Install using relevant fitting kit (refer to Toyota Dealer for applicability)." I'm guessing the fitting kit is probably the later part of my statement above.

EDIT 2: I did a quick Google and found an eBay item for an alloy wheel fitting kit which seems to contain the hub rings and wheel nuts. I'm guessing that's what the Toyota one would be. Probably used where the wheel was originally made for another model.

Not 100% sure. When I got my Kappa's, each wheel came with (in addition to the wheel):

1 x Wheel Centre Cap (42603-06110)

5 x Wheel Nuts (90942-01058)

1 x Tire Valve

I'm not sure if the fitting kit is just a fancy name for those parts, or if maybe the Vortex wheels are constructed differently and have a different centre hub fitment and therefore the fitting kit comes with a hub ring or something.

EDIT: Looking at the top of my 'Fitting Instruction Sheet' for my Kappa's, it mentions at the top "Install using relevant fitting kit (refer to Toyota Dealer for applicability)." I'm guessing the fitting kit is probably the later part of my statement above.

hmm looks like ill have to chase this up with the dealership tomorrow, cos if your kappa's cae with the wheel nuts supplied, then maybe the vortex's will as well? cant imagine that they would be entirely different (apart from the bling look of the kappas! - those were the wheels i originally wanted, but alas, budget restraints... and im about to finish off my sound system set up! yeeeoow )

anyway thanks for your help daryl :) will report back tomorrow with my findings

Edited by -DAvo

The "kit" has items for removing the wheel nuts if the nut hex is a different size to standard as was the case with my gen4 Camry with the GTP 17x7 wheels. The nuts for those were 19mm instead of 21mm so a wheel brace was included along with a piece of felt to protect the wheel when in the boot and I think it also came with another bolt to hold the spare wheel down in the boot.

So really the kit is to give you any extra items to remove or store the accessory wheels from/in the car.

Toyota accessory wheels that I have bought have always come with wheel nuts, centre caps and valves

ok so went into the dealership, and checked out the wheels (still waiting on 2 more to arrive) and i have to say - i love them! Sure their not the 18" kappas which i originally wanted, but they still satisfy me for what i want them for :) the machined finish looks great!

anyway, the wheels do come with 5 wheel nuts each, so no need to spend big on wheel nuts, they also come with valve, and caps. so all is good, i ordered a set of lock nuts (set of 5 - 1 for each wheel) to secure the wheels to the car.

all in all - good outcome, now just have to wait for the remaining wheels to arrive.

Oh, and the fit kit is, as mentioned by supatouring - a longer screw to store a alloy wheel in the boot (which is not needed since i will keep the steel generic wheel as a spare) and the felt cover. so not 100% needed.

Thanks all for your help :) will post photos once the wheels are in and fitted :)

Dave

• 1 month later...