Handbrake Damage

AdarshP

Hi All,

Yesterday I let my friend drive my '04 Corolla for a short spin around town. He was quite impressed with it (he drives a '94 Seca) :lol:

Anyway, after returning and parking in the driveway he pulled the handbrake way way up producing a several clicking noises. I found it a little bit hard to release the handbrake subsequently and I am also not used to having to pull it up so high.

Has it caused any damaged to the handbrake, the cable or something else? How can I know?

Thanks a million

-A

Hi All,

Yesterday I let my friend drive my '04 Corolla for a short spin around town. He was quite impressed with it (he drives a '94 Seca) :lol:

Anyway, after returning and parking in the driveway he pulled the handbrake way way up producing a several clicking noises. I found it a little bit hard to release the handbrake subsequently and I am also not used to having to pull it up so high.

Has it caused any damaged to the handbrake, the cable or something else? How can I know?

Thanks a million

-A

Should be fine mate.

Hi All,

Thanks a million

-A

Handbrakes always click if you pull them up without pressing the button, it's the ratchet inside which holds the lever on. just like how the pedals on a bike click if you stop pedalling whilst the bike is still moving).