modded stivos

TRD CAI, sportivo grille, Xforce muffler(sitting in the garage......too loud). Next few weeks should be getting it lowered when the Eibach springs arrive. Thats about it for now. Next week some time when i have a free day ill make the eyelids using the headlight protectors as shaping moulds for the fibre glass, then get them painted. Keep you posted on how it works out.

You TRD CAI looks awesome man. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay for it? did you install it yourself?

Penrith Toyota imported it. bloke there by the name of john butler. i payed cost price $470. on their computers the sale price was almost $700. crazy ****!

yeah i installed it myself with those damn MATRIX instructions lol ...... 7 hours later!

03MikeSportivo,

Was the Trd cold air intake installation a perfect fit or did u need to do some mod to the kit? How about the cold air intake sensor? Where abouts is the air filter now? Any pics?

thanks

:D

03MikeSportivo,

Was the Trd cold air intake installation a perfect fit or did u need to do some mod to the kit? How about the cold air intake sensor? Where abouts is the air filter now? Any pics?

thanks

:D

yeah it was a good fit.. didnt need to modify anything. :)

yeah mate pics are here > http://www.amihotornot.com.au/album/view_p...36&uid=Sportivo

The original sensor goes straight in :o

Penrith Toyota imported it. bloke there by the name of john butler. i payed cost price $470. on their computers the sale price was almost $700. crazy ****!

<_< <_< AM i right that this this is basically a bent pipe(red of course). $470 seems a little steap even at cost. Although After nearly buying my TIVO from the oxygen bandits at Penrith Toyota nothing would suprise me!

<_< <_< AM i right that this this is basically a bent pipe(red of course). $470 seems a little steap even at cost. Although After nearly buying my TIVO from the oxygen bandits at Penrith Toyota nothing would suprise me!

yeah thats all it is im sure if i looked around could have got some cheapo jap version for alot less but im impatient and it is TRD so yeah hopefully Toyota will recognise that as a Genuine part :o or mabye not lol

I Have Sports Grill, Tints and thats about it, I want to keep mine stock it increases the resale value :).

I am considering one other upgrade but im not sure yet and thats to replace those crappy speakers with good ones that fit in the original housings so it will still look stock, im a big fan of stealth upgrades.

I am considering one other upgrade but im not sure yet and thats to replace those crappy speakers with good ones that fit in the original housings so it will still look stock, im a big fan of stealth upgrades.

make sure you post what you replace the speakers with. I agree that the supplied are duds and would like to know what result you get with a straight change over.

Cheers B)

• (03MikeSportivo Posted on Feb 23 2004, 01:02 AM)]

yeah thats all it is im sure if i looked around could have got some cheapo jap version for alot less but im impatient and it is TRD so yeah hopefully Toyota will recognise that as a Genuine part  or mabye not lol

I think if you browse around a bit on the forum you'll find out what Penrith Toyota admitted to me. " Adding TRD parts will void the warranty of the vehicle on relation to the area where the part was installed." ie. CAI=engine. :angry::angry::angry:

Again this was a d!ck head sales man but sounds like it was right.

Anyhoo, i wasnt ragging out on your choice of CAI as i will no doubt weaken and invest likewise. :D :D

make sure you post what you replace the speakers with. I agree that the supplied are duds and would like to know what result you get with a straight change over.

Cheers B)

I will probably go the top of the line Sony gear, I am not a HUGE fan of Sony but they are better than the stock and I get them at a 33% discount (I work for Sony Music) which makes them seem suddenly more appealing. I will be using a high pass filter from the standard deck (its a nice deck) and that will run into an Amp which will then run to the speakers, I have checked and they "should" fit the original mounts with a minimum of fuss :).

More upon completion :)

Dan

hi bladehunter

you said you get 33% discount but what is the % from? you work for sony yet you are not a huge fan of the company so why purchase their items? i do not think that discount is big and you could purchase from a company you do like. i think discounts are good for people who do not like to haggle.

my dealer gave me a customer loyalty card which gives me 7% off retail prices for parts and service. this card is good for people who want a discount just by showing a card but i quickly found out that haggling gets you better prices anywhere! the customer loyalty card was useless to me so i returned it to the dealer. even with the discount i had found other dealers with better prices and these were standard list prices without haggling! therefore anyone can get better prices than LOYAL repeat customers!

purchase sony if you like it. please make sure you listen to the speakers before you make your decision to purchase them or not. speakers are for listening and you will have them in your car for a long time. i have speakers in my rear doors but you could do without speakers here.

when i was looking at upgrading my stereo i also did not want to replace the factory head unit. i am so happy that i did replace it now! i also thought what would i do with a remote control but i use it all the time. i have heard that hi-lo adapters make a constant hissing noise at high volumes and if this is true then even if you install top of line sony speakers the sound you will receive will be bad. there is little point to install top of line sony items when you short cut with the head unit. you have a nice car and i hope you keep it that way.

Yeah I listened to lods of gear and the Alpine type R were the best performance for price, but when I can get the Sony Splits, the Sony Rear fill and the Sony Amp all for just over $700 it comes down to bang for buck, the Sony will be better than what I have and the price is good, the trick with the hi/lo filter is to shop around, I have found one which is $35 and I listened to it compared to a backyard run of the mill one which most installers provide and it was a massive difference, the $35 filter will be adequate for me.

I don't want to wake the neighbors or have a dance party in my car, I just want the quality a little better than what it is now and I think the Sony will achieve that.

If I had money and was prepared to lose boot space, I would get the Alpine's the next series up from the type R (forgot the name), I would get an eclipse sub in a well built box and an eclipse amp but I can't justify that sort of cost.

Oh and I don't work for Sony, I work for Sony Music, an affiliate company :) and I AM a fan of the company, I just would not rate the speakers with the likes of Alpine / infinity / eclipse around a similar price but when you are talking a fair bit cheaper, things come more into line :).

• (03MikeSportivo Posted on Feb 23 2004, 01:02 AM)]

yeah thats all it is im sure if i looked around could have got some cheapo jap version for alot less but im impatient and it is TRD so yeah hopefully Toyota will recognise that as a Genuine part  or mabye not lol

I think if you browse around a bit on the forum you'll find out what Penrith Toyota admitted to me. " Adding TRD parts will void the warranty of the vehicle on relation to the area where the part was installed." ie. CAI=engine. :angry::angry::angry:

Again this was a d!ck head sales man but sounds like it was right.

Anyhoo, i wasnt ragging out on your choice of CAI as i will no doubt weaken and invest likewise. :D :D

yeah u like to tell urself that it wont void ur warranty but when/if it comes time for a warranty claim im gonna have to search high and low for the instructions lol :)

i'll tell ya adding the pod ..... the increase in power was breathtaking :) i find i get more KM out of a tank..... hell of alot more responsive and sounds awesome.... once valve lift is kicks in its one loud mother! :) well worth the investment

n00bs

good call i'm with you, seems heaps of people are talking aboutthe performance mods and what good and not and some are getting vewry opinionate, i say and idiscussion with other forum members, stop talking so much about it do proper research get **** done then show me the dyno slips/pics.

if you are worried about the amount of money it cost to get littl emods done mybe a WRX/Type R may have ben a better choice. then you could have been discussing the non possiblility of never/considering modding at the temple of VTEC