SILVER MEMBERSHIPS!!!

Danthuyer

what about the friends you have made? the fun you have on cruises? the info you receive about your car? the info about what parts to buy?

Since when do i have to pay to make friends??

...say i was just a person..non member...i can still browse forum without joining it and ill be able to obtain the same information...

Just because i have joined up as a member of this forum...do i have to pay $40??

to get flood control switched off and have access to more whoring threads??

if i have to pay $40 to get access to the forum...making $40 compulsory for everyone so be it ( which by the way will equal about $80000 of tax free money in steve's pocket)....

george you owe me $40

Tom you might be joking....

but dont push me

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hehehee.................well lucky for steve then.............but its just in support thats all...............it takes time to maintain these threads............hehe

ur not paying to make friends..............but paying to show ur support................if this were soccer........u would pay $100+ on just a jersey or a seat at a game...........this is the same principal!!

ok ok fine... its your choice...

if you don't think its worth it, then noone can make you join up...

we're just joking around anyway... if you don't join up, it makes no difference... the forum will keep running, and we'll all still be here... it just gives us something to do...

having said that, i think its a good thing to support the club, and i don't do it for no flood control (i didnt even know that was a benefit till i joined), or for the subscribed member lounge or anything... i just did it cos i can spend $40 on something useless that will last me a few minutes, or an hour, or a week... or i can spend it on something that will keep going, and i will keep using, and enjoy...

but george if you don't like us harrasing you then we'll stop... sorry man... we're just stuffing around...

If you guys want more silver members...

why not restrict access to sections like..

Buy & Sell..

And all the DIY threads or the informative ones like..

Inside & OUt

Wheels

Electronical..

etc etc etc.

When my access to those is restricted...then i will pay $40 to "benefit" from the advice and the parts that can be obtained from this forum...

Tom your ok....but i dont have to pay for ppl to be friends...

if thats the case....i can always go somewhere else...

Edited by RedLiner

haha nah im not suggesting ive bought friends here :lol:... just saying i've made great friends, and a bunch of other stuff ive gained from this place, that i decided to show the guy who is making it all possible that i appreciate it..

anyway i don't think anything useful should be restricted, cos there are people who simply cannot afford to put $40 aside to buy a membership, and some people do come and go when they just want information, and that's to be expected in a community... (and when i say nothing useful should be restricted, i think the silver membership lounge should be, cos there is nothing useful in there :P)

....which means basically that Silver Membership does nothing ...lol

And i think..

talking about people behind peoples back is lower than a 100mm drop..

So i think talking about Pete's car while he is not able to say anything about it is not cool...

And if that is an attempt to make him join...

then i consider that a form of Blackmail...

I'd rather pay $40 to see it go into our meets or something like that. We could put like, $20 support money into a hat or something each meet for fuel for all of us, or food etc.

I want to feel like I'm helping you guys, because you're the one's who have talked to me and given me the true TOCAU experience.

I agree with George on many parts also.

PS: Don't push a Greek man. Look at what the Greeks eventually did to the Romans lmao.

The Roman Empire only screwed itself...

Abit like Hitler....i think they got abit to greedy....

One other thing???

Why is the magic number $40...?

Why not $39.95?

Why not $20?

Why not $10?

Can someone tell me how the cost of $40 was obtained???

this is from JASON:

Jason says ...

the thing about this is... I know pete can take a joke ...

This is a joke and I KNOW pete will see it this way ...

Ive known pete for quite some time now and I know that he knows that we are kidding around .......

And if he dosent take it seriously then why should anyone else .... ???

He serves it back to us and thats how we get along ... so ....

Id have an issue if we did this to someone else ... where we didnt know them well ... thats a different story.

the reason we want him to join so much is because he is a good mate ... and we want to see him stay ... and silvers make you feel more part of a community

hi ppl...............seems like i missed out a big steamy convo..............hehe

ok so about the ice cream after wicked wednesday night.........marks got work the next day i dont know if he would let me go.......:(

no harm in asking anyways...........what time is mikey coming into sydney.........the kids r on holidays........i might be able to jump on the where the hume hwy meets the m5 and cruise down with u guys into sydney.................i live 5 mins away from eastern creek so anyone wanna come over for some coffee before it starts?

Mish...perhaps posting in the correct section will help your cause...

(...blood is flowing now lolololol......)

hehehhee.................i thought this was the right thread though................hehe

No matter if someone can take a joke or not..thats not what im trying to say..

all im saying is that the person at the end of it should be able know what is being said..that is all.

my point is that re pete ... he does know what we are saying .. and not taking any offence to it ..

now who came up with the price of the corolla ...

its the same as your $40 question .. how long is a peice of string ...

just thats the price ..

In regards to blocking parts of the site and making ppl pay to access ... sure steve could do that ..

but what he is doing is giving everyone access to it ... and the members "donate" for a good cause ...

"what is a good cause??"

well thats for you to decide ...

Its like some places that have free lollies ..... but its up to you to put a 20c coin in ! ...

get the point ..... do what you think is right ... and I will do what I think is right ...

now .. the next issue !!!!!! ..

Paying for friends ??? who said anything about that ...

there is confusion .... this forum allows us to make new friends .. its just another benefit ... like info on cars or buy n sell ....

you can pay for whatever you want ... the reason ppl donate to any cause is wide and varied ...

paying for friendship is more like a dating site .. where you purposely pay to meet someone .. and is that right or wrong ... who knows ...

so thats that ...

No one nation has Conquered so much land as the greek empire! Under the rule of Alexander the great the dominated. The roman empire came close but no cigar. And alot of the roman empire had greek soldiers.

....which means basically that Silver Membership does nothing ...lol

And i think..

talking about people behind peoples back is lower than a 100mm drop..

So i think talking about Pete's car while he is not able to say anything about it is not cool...

And if that is an attempt to make him join...

then i consider that a form of Blackmail...

Someone enlighten me pls?

oh my gosh.............what happened to this thread...............

i hear nelly in the background............

"its getting hot in here........so takes off all ur clothes............."